Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #1

Trailler Life Jayco Cozy!

After almost 2 1/2 years of uncompleted warranty work wrote a letter to President of Jayco and Trailer Life. Take a close look at the last line in Jayco's response!With the amount of problems we have was curious almost never see a letter on Jayco issues and problem in Trailer Life. Humm Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bontrager.PDF (60.9 KB, 266 views)
File Type: pdf Jayco Trailor Life 3-23-19.PDF (31.7 KB, 238 views)
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:15 AM   #2

I would remove your personal info from the letter. You don't have to be member to read posts and spammers love getting info that way.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #3

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #4

Gee I wonder why Jayco doesn't want it published? Could be they do not want bad press!!
2005 F150 Platinum/Roush Package

WHERE EVER YOU GO....THERE YOU ARE
dennis b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #5

I don't see anything wrong with the response. If you owned a company, would you want bad press to be published?

They didn't threaten. They just politely asked that they not publish it. Sounds like they intend to get back with you on this even though the dealer ignored you. Honestly, until they were informed of the letter, was Jayco ever aware of your issues? It seems like, to this point, your issue is with the dealer not doing the repairs, not with Jayco not fixing it.

I would give them the chance to make it right before you start assuming they are trying to cover something up.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #6

Thanks for the positive input but we have been dealing with warranty for over 2 1/2 years! We just want are final warranty list from August of 2017 completed.And are camper back and I will never step in an RV shop ever! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
LP 11-2016.jpg  
Old 04-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #7

Little Dealer Little Prices is a pretty substantial RV dealership with a number of locations in the Phoenix area.

Did you purchase your trailer from LDLP?

Did you take the time to contact LDLP's upper management (in writing) to bring all these outstanding issues to their attention before contacting Jayco?
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNow View Post
Little Dealer Little Prices is a pretty substantial RV dealership with a number of locations in the Phoenix area.

Did you purchase your trailer from LDLP?

Did you take the time to contact LDLP's upper management (in writing) to bring all these outstanding issues to their attention before contacting Jayco?
Based on the numerous complaints I have seen on various RV forums, methinks 'tis safe to say LFLP are a bunch of flakes when it comes to customer service.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #9

Have you heard anything from Jayco since you sent your letter over a month ago.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #10

Yes Hollie called me from Jayco,in the last three weeks one axle replaced! Going to next level Consumer Rights Protection Center 844-869-0967. As owners we do have rights!Was surprised how fast we were contacted on our inquiry. Thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Based on the numerous complaints I have seen on various RV forums, methinks 'tis safe to say LFLP are a bunch of flakes when it comes to customer service.
I did NOT purchase our TT from Little Dealer but they worked with us on two warranty issues and could not of been better to work with. I was honest with them and asked if they could help me, not demanding, just asking, and they responded better than I could ask. I'm a happy non buyer but only using their service department, customer.

They sell a lot of units, I would assume they would have some complaints...having dealt with the public for better part of 50 years, there is a small number of customers no matter what you do, they will never be satisfied.. I would assume some of their customers and Jayco customers fall under that label.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Based on the numerous complaints I have seen on various RV forums, methinks 'tis safe to say LDLP are a bunch of flakes when it comes to customer service.
Maybe, maybe not.

I posed the questions because (to my knowledge) the OP did not elaborate in this thread (or in his letter) what kind of relationship (or communication) transpired between him and LDLP during those 28 months and 1,500 miles of driving back and forth. That's a significant gap in the story.

Knowing what happened before he finally contacted Jayco and Trailer Life may prove helpful---hopefully prevent a similar situation from happening to others.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #13

I have always found it more effective and time saving to just go right to the top with things. People at the bottom generally don't know anything or don't care or aren't able to help, so just aim as high up as you can get right off the start of things. Once you've secured the top, the bottom will follow.