Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29BHS ECO View Post
Electric on site, propane on the road, I also want frozen Ice cream and cold beer
Same here.
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:19 PM   #62

After seeing an RV on fire at the entry ramp of the expressway I immediately purchased another fire extinguisher and a second smoke detector. They said the fire started in the refrig area and their one fire extinguisher didn't do much good. Seeing a fairly new class c on fire surely has an effect on your thoughts about safety.
Joey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:42 PM   #63

Total three fire extinguishers if other than a MH.
Original puny one by the door at kitchen, another by the bed to get you to the door, and a third one in your TV or pickup.
Before I bought by trailer one of my specs was that I could go from the bed to the door without going through the kitchen. My door is between the bedroom and kitchen.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:17 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
I see your 1996 and raise to "since 1983"!

Yes, I am older than dirt but happy to wake up on the right side of it every day ...so far!

Murff

I was living in a fifth wheel and using it as a mobile office in 1978+ so I'll see your dirt and raise an ice age :-).

Always had 120/gas units that worked fine. My current is a 2021 eagle ht with 12v only, I hate it. Trying to figure out how to swap it out without having to buy a whole new unit.
gself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:47 PM   #65

Always off

If you travel with your propane on for the fridge, you also have propane on at the tank, so you have propane lines pressurized going to the stove top, the oven, the water heater, the furnace and the outside propane connection. All of them fed by lines that are easily damaged and can leak. There is an open flame in the fridge. My fridge will stay plenty cold for 3-4 hours which and is about my limit for daily travel. I will turn it on when I get to my destination. Seen too many fires. While they might not have been started at the fridge, some were no doubt fueled by propane leaking. If I felt I needed to cool down the fridge in travel, I would start the generator for a while.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #66

Modern tanks have built in 'excessive flow valves', if you cut the line after the regulator, nothing will come out...
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:45 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by gself View Post
I was living in a fifth wheel and using it as a mobile office in 1978+ so I'll see your dirt and raise an ice age :-).

Always had 120/gas units that worked fine. My current is a 2021 eagle ht with 12v only, I hate it. Trying to figure out how to swap it out without having to buy a whole new unit.
Curious why you hate it. It seems that a 12 volt compressor fridge would be the answer for us. Better control of temps, faster cooling, etc.
I will say- we don't boondock. We're always hooked up to either the truck or the campground. I can understand why boondockers would get tired of messing with generators or massive solar panels to keep a 12v fridge running.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:36 PM   #68

Yes we have since 1974! We turn it off for tunnels.
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote