Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #31

At $398, I bet its a simple patch repair. A complete wall will be probably $4-$5k!

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #32

Tree fell on our X213

Talked to the dealer today and they still claim it's a entire back wall replacement in the repair estimate. Insurance adjuster called me today and said there's more than a couple of options. One of which is to find out what the trade in value would be "as is" without repair. Take the cash payout from the insurance company, which I think should be $7,100 and buy a new trailer from the dealer. I don't know if that's the route we would go yet but I'd like to see what the numbers look like.
The adjuster said he put the trailer on some auction site were they take bids for the trailer "as is". It would have to make it to around $9K though for it to be totaled by the insurance company. It doesn't seem likely.
It looks like it's either trade up, or have it repaired.

Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #33

Tree fell on our X213

The insurance adjuster's boss called me this morning. The bids made it to $6,900 for the camper. The original adjuster had told me it would need to go a lot higher to total out the unit, but this guy said he had the authority to make the decision to consider it a total loss. He was worried they would find more damage once they started working on it and he said the dealer would not "hold" to their estimate. He said they could start digging and have to total it out anyway. They are sending a check to the credit union for payoff and another check to me for the remaining balance.
The insurance adjuster's boss handled this whole thing from start to finish in less than half a day. Answered his phone, called me back, and did everything he told me he was going to do!! Very...very impressed! This is how it should have been from the beginning.
We are looking at either a White Hawk 23MBH or a 28DSBH what do you guys think? I like the shorter 23MBH but the wife likes the bigger one of course.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #34

Well congrats to you caleb!!

Glad it worked out to your satisfaction!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #35

Tree fell on our X213

Thanks! Me too! It was a nice surprise!
Old 10-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #36

That is nice to hear, a tree fell on our house back in May and we just finished the insurance procees in September. If I didn't keep calling them we would still be in limbo. How many times can you call an adjuster and he can answer he forgot/ someone forgot/ the claim has been sent for paymemt, it will be paid in full (but that was a lie) etc..... very frustrating. Badger Insurance, WI. We had another claim about 8 years ago that went very smothly. Appears to be all in the aduuster you get.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote