Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2017, 03:54 PM   #1

Trying to decide on TT.

We have been looking since last summer at all makes of TT. But always come back to the Jay Feather 22fqsw. We are planning on buying in the next few weeks. But we are thinking maybe we need to look at all the lots one more time. How long did it take you to decide on what to buy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Tn10point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:14 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and happy trailer shopping.

It was 'love at first sight' when we saw the 2015 27RLS floorplan. We had been looking at similar sized, new and used TT, but when we saw that floorplan, we knew it was 'The One'. We wanted some of the options that weren't on anyone's lot, so we ordered it having never seen one like it 'in person'.

So our looking was a hobby for quite a while until we saw the features we wanted offered in the size we wanted made by the company we wanted.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:16 PM   #3
Site Team

WELCOME TO JOF!!!

The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

DW spent at least 6 months (while we were traveling around in a TarvelManor) before we came up with the EAGLE decision.

Don

My Registry
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #4

For us we were thinking .. going to RV shows poking around.. Then a friend came along with the 195RB. After taking some six! house tours and making ourselves pests we knew that was perfect for our needs..

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting an RV soon! I'm always looking at floorplans of various makes even after buying a new Jay Flight. I had it narrowed down to a Jayco because of the value they provide. We also considered a Lance, but they are pricey. Once we started looking in earnest, it probably took us a couple months to settle on a floorplan. Have fun with your shopping and keep us posted.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #6

Lol we just spent 8hrs at the camper show here. A couple of weeks ago. I'm 99.99% sure we will end up with the 2017 jay feather 22fqsw. But going to take one more look. Before we place our order.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn10point View Post
We have been looking since last summer at all makes of TT. But always come back to the Jay Feather 22fqsw. We are planning on buying in the next few weeks. But we are thinking maybe we need to look at all the lots one more time. How long did it take you to decide on what to buy.

When we were shopping it the off season for RV shows, so we did 95% of our shopping online. After looking at so many floor plans that they were starting to all look alike, we happened to see a used one that was sitting on some lot. We loved the king bed slide and put that at the top of our list. When we finally got around to going to a dealer and looking at the trailers in person, we saw several that filled most of our requirements, but all only had queen beds, and we know from experience that we like a bit more space for sleeping.

Then we came to a new X213 that was like the used one we had seen online. After checking it out top to bottom (our wish list was actually pretty short after the king bed), we started talking. Got a good deal because they wanted to move it (this one had apparently been sitting on the lot for some time), even though it was a new 2017 model.

We haven't actually had a chance to camp in it yet, but we love just going out and sitting in it, thinking about next spring (at least I got to learn how to winterize it right away ). We already have most of the plans made for an 8 day trip in May. It was a big purchase for us, because we also had to buy the truck to tow it - our Honda Ridgeline was good with the old popup, but not enough truck for the Jay Feather.

Best of luck with your shopping adventure. We are really happy with our little "home on the road".

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #8

After years of searching and researching, we walked in our Feather 23RBM, went to the sofa, sat and looked across the "dance floor" (aka the open floor space), looked at each other, and said, "Yes!" We loved the floorplan, the large rear bath, the big U dinette, and the exterior aesthetics - bought it the same day!
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #9

We went to the early bird RV show, brought there by my dear wife. She wanted to catch the stage show so I went on my merry way to check out the rigs. It was the last dealer that I came to when I saw both the 21' Jayco Hybrid and what is now our Jayco X213...the thought of not having to deal with canvas was what did it for us and the fact we dDn't have to deal with open our tent trailer to air and clean it out after every trip....let me tell you, it was a chore after short weekend trips. We are very happy with our TT. Who knows, a Class motor home is definitely on our radar. I will probably go that route in 5 yrs when I may take early retirement and travel while we still young at heart...lol
Old 01-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #10

This is a great looking TT with a spacious layout, but is the cargo carrying capacity adequate enough for your needs? Cargo carrying capacity is 1,295, you'll have to deduct the weight of two full propane tanks and the weight of a battery, the remainder is what you can carry safely. I've heard many folks talking about cargo carrying capacity being limited on lightweight TT's, I thought I would pose the question to you before you ink a deal on this model.
2015 Jay Series 1007 UD (sold)

"Life is so very short, eat the dessert first".
eng45ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:19 PM   #11

Welcome!

Our first TT was pretty much love at first sight. The 5er on the other hand... we spent several months looking on line and we're sure we'd found the unit we wanted. Looked at it in person and weren't happy at all. We ended up with a floor plan that's basically a bigger version of our first TT and love it
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:29 PM   #12

I don't see myself ever traveling with any of my water tanks filled. I don't think the cc of 1295lbs will ever be a issue.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #13

Love at first with our jay flight 26th but we go to a lot of shows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
kendo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #14

Well hear we go agin. My wife happened to look at the slx 212qbw online. So now I guess we are back to scratching our heads. I never dreamed TT buying would be so hard.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:52 AM   #15

We used to camp in a pop up. We spent several years visiting RV shows wishing and drooling. We then became serious and started looking at construction, warranties, and word of mouth. This past fall we found our TT at a local dealership. We loved the floor plan of our White Hawk 27DSRL. Looking forward to our future camping memories.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #16

When we were serious about it, we made our final choice in about 3 weeks.

I spent a couple hundred hours though on youtube looking at all the current models, had it narrowed down to 3 choices (not all Jayco's). Once that was done, I decided I wanted to buy locally and I could only locate 1 of the top 3 choices within reasonable driving distance.

We started 'window shopping' a good year before we got serious about it at an RV show... that's when the bug was really planted.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:01 AM   #17
BCK

Like others we looked at a lot of units before walking into the one that became our first TT. We had looked at enough and had a pretty good idea of what was out there so knew right away it was the layout we wanted. It served us perfectly for 10 years, many miles and many nights.

For our current tt we had casually looked for several years so knew exactly what we wanted when we decided to get a new one. All we had to do was find one and make a deal on it.

I would say enjoy the experience of looking and remember when you do pick one that you aren't choosing a partner for life.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote