Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #1

TV Mount

Just bought a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 29qbs. Need help figuring out what kind of TV mount to use in the living area. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. First time trailer owner and headed out this week with the family. Thanks.
jmtisdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie myself, but have already changed/added a few things on our new Jayco.

Is there a designated spot for a TV? Should be a sticker if there is. Shows where there is a factory installed backer board inside the wall. I just added a mount for the bedroom. It's a quick connect/disconnect, so we can remove the TV. Got it from Amazon. TV fits nice and tight to the wall and feels very secure. Be sure to check the back of the TV and make sure the bolt pattern is compatible. And take note that it is a fixed mount that doesn't swivel or swing, but it can be attached to one that does.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #3

I just bought one from Camping World because it has 2 wall brackets so I can hang TV in my shop when not using in camper. https://www.campingworld.com/shoppin...ll-mount/71955
CampingNesslers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:57 AM   #4

Our 2007 15Z came with a shelf for the old CRT type of set. The upright divider between the open shelf and the overhead lockers was pretty strong, so I purchased one of the swivel arm mount brackets from Best Buy when I got our flat screen TV. It has been three years and I've had no problems. I did put a couple of screw eyes on the wall between the bathroom and the living area so that I could attach a bungee cord. That keeps the arm from wanting to swing around down the road, but still allows the TV to be swung out easily for access to the space behind it.

If you need to wall mount and there is no block to fasten to (or through, you can make a wood backing block for the opposite side of the wall and cut pieces of tubing to take the compression from the bolts. The only real issue is how to lead the wires.

John & Nancy
Jay Feather 25Z 2007
Ford F-150 XLT 5.4 Triton 2008
TeamFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #5

OP, any update on this? I just got my 29QBS on Saturday. We will be installing a TV at some point in the future. Looking at the swivel mechanism, it appears to be a pretty thin piece of wood with the mirror behind it.

What size screws did you end up using?
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #6

The place to look for mounts is MonoPrice. Good prices, high quality mounts, and a mount for pretty much any situation you can come up with. When we had our '03 Kiwi it had a folding TV shelf, so I needed a mount that could clamp to a shelf, be easily removed (both mount and TV), and have the ability to be tilted more than 45 degrees. With our X20E I was able to still use the mount, and I don't have to take it down when not in use.

DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:33 AM   #7

This is what I bought for my Whitehawk 29sqb. The previous owners took the one that came with the trailer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
vtdanokim is offline   Reply With Quote