Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #11

I like the idea of useing velcro on the shelf to keep things in place.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #12
Site Team

I`ve tried to come up with a place to mount one in our 28BHS that is viewer friendly, no luck yet. There is a mounting site on the wall by the dinette, but like Healthi says it would be a real neck craner, as is the TV cabinet that is supplied with the trailer directly above the dinette. So far our solution is to store the TV in the TV cabinet when not in use or for short viewing periods, and bring it down onto the dinette for longer viewing such as movies. The TV then faces the couch and is about at eye level making for comfortable viewing. It is a 19'' with a built in DVD player and is easy to lift in and out of the cabinet. For me a TV is to be used as little as possible when camping. But there are times and weather situations when the kids need something to occupy them. I bring it in the house when the TT is not in use, probably better then being out in the extreme heat and cold. -Lee

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain2000 View Post
Awesome job! Wish mine looked that clean. What mount did you use? Where did you run the wires? So jealous right now....
The TV is a 19" insignia, and the mount is a DC37DJ Level Mount. I ran the wires along the wall into the shelf where my DVD is. I hid the wires with
a square plastic cable hider that I bought in Lowes ( It has a self adhesive strip on the back so its easy to mount, part# CH12-KTW). Just watch your screw length when attaching the Level Mount to the wall. What I like about the level mount is that you can just slide the tv bracket off the wall mount for travel. Level Mount also sells a wire management kit to hide the wires.

Here is the Level Mount site http://www.levelmount.com/
Old 12-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #14

Very nice. Definately the Cadillac of wall mounts. Hey Muscle, you think you have enough truck to pull that tt with?

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #15

I usually have my Harley Ultra Classic loaded in the bed along with a 300 pound electric
bike lift.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarman View Post
I usually have my Harley Ultra Classic loaded in the bed along with a 300 pound electric
bike lift.
Likes......

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #17

To the OP - you mentioned that Jayco had provided some sort of decal to show you where to mount the TV. I purchased my 2010 19BH a couple of months ago, and never saw a decal in the TT (and it was a brand new unit, not used). I don't have my stack of paperwork with me right now, but was the decal in with that? or was it on the wall already when you purchased the TT?? I'm very curious, as my stud finder is giving me strange readings on that wall and I don't want to punch tons of holes all over the place.
That being said, since we have the same exact trailer, by any chance do you have the measurements of how far across the wall from the edge of the cabinet that you went to find the stud??
shnz821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnz821 View Post
To the OP - you mentioned that Jayco had provided some sort of decal to show you where to mount the TV. I purchased my 2010 19BH a couple of months ago, and never saw a decal in the TT (and it was a brand new unit, not used). I don't have my stack of paperwork with me right now, but was the decal in with that? or was it on the wall already when you purchased the TT?? I'm very curious, as my stud finder is giving me strange readings on that wall and I don't want to punch tons of holes all over the place.
That being said, since we have the same exact trailer, by any chance do you have the measurements of how far across the wall from the edge of the cabinet that you went to find the stud??
The decal was on the wall over the dinette seat. It showed the mounting position. I peeled the sticker off when I mounted the tv.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #19

Ok, so it appears that mine is missing the decal. Can anyone give me the measurements from the cabinet and ceiling, in order to find the correct mounting position for the TV? Thanks in advance for any help!
shnz821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #20

Try thumping the wall in the general area where you think the mounting point is. If you're lucky, you should be able to hear an area that is denser than the others. Test it with the tiniest drill bit you have to be sure. If you carefully slit the wall covering and pull it back a bit before drilling, you should be able to cover up where you drilled if you find a hollow spot.

When I was looking at one trailer, I noticed a TV mounting decal on the wall (in an incredibly stupid location; do trailer designers think we are giraffes?) and, out of curiosity, thumped the wall. It sounded like there was a solid board behind the wall in the mounting area.