Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2018, 08:43 AM   #1

UHD smart TV?

Has anyone switched out the Furrion tv for an upgrade? Maybe a 4K UHD smart model? Any problems with it syncing to the rest of the Furrion entertainment system? According to their website Furrion doesn’t make a smart version.
Grandpawlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:40 AM   #2

We swapped out our Furrion for a Samsung UHD Smart TV and couldn't be happier.

Can't speak to using it with the rest of the Furrion setup because we don't use it for anything else but maybe the FM radio. Added a separate sound bar with MUCH better sound and a small bluray player since Furrion's don't do bluray either.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #3

No info here on how the smart HDTV works in your RV UNIT but here at the house I picked up a 24-inch SMART HDTV (PHILIPS brand - WALMART $88) and it has really did a great job running RV and HAM RADIO Forums on one of my older LAPTOPS for a lot of internet based things I do on a daily basis...

I use the HDMI interface from the laptop to one of the HDMI inputs on the smart TV... Makes for a great 24-inch computer monitor and also has all the smart mode things like ROKU etc when you can watch all kinds of things - click click…

This year I am hoping to get back in my OFF-GRID camping mode and this will be great to bring along in my off-road camper for sure...

The only draw back I have run into is it is too bright on a lot of things and trying to get all of that to my liking has been sort of a challenge…

I have always had two 24-inch DELL MONITORS and one of those failed a couple of years ago and they are pretty expensive to replace.. This was a great $88 low expense replacement with tons of other things to play with and do...

This all comes ON at day break in my so called Radio Room here and goes to 11PM at night...

I also get to use my older DELL LAPTTOP again which has a failed internal monitor screen... I open up the laptop to turn it ON and then close the lid. Goes all day and up in the evening just fine feeding the 24-inch smart TV HDMI mode... Easy to switch to cable TV input here when I just want to watch the local HDTV channels and also has an EXT ANT INPUT I can use on an outside antenna and picks up all kinds of OTA HDTV signals here in the Washington DC and Richmond areas... Guess who gets to watch HDTV when the power goes off hehe...

I like to have a couple of those 24/7 NEWS BROADCASTs going like MSNBC or CBSN running off the internet ON-LINE in the background... I can control my audio levels with my external DELL Keyboard... I like the CBSN 24/7 channel (ON-LINE) as they don't get into a lot of the political things on-going - Just good news reporting...

My PHILLIPS HDTV has a great sounding set of speakers in it and I also can us one of my SPEAKER BARS attached to the bottom of it..

Hopefully you can a get lot of options going in your RV Unit using one of those SMART 4K HDTV units...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furrion tv, smart tv