Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-29-2023, 03:02 PM   #1

Un-winterization steps?

We did winterization back in late October. First time and it was educational.

Checking tire pressures and connections and a good wash is a given. My main question has to do with the plumbing system.

I know reversing the water pump valve and flushing the lines is in order. What other chores do I need to do for first trip of the season prep?

Thanks in advance!
wordsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 03:25 PM   #2

1st step flush all the lines of antifreeze.

2nd key step, sanitize the fw system. I add 1/4 cup plain bleach for every 15 gallons of fw (tank size). Turn on the pump, and flush the plumbing until you smell bleach. Let sit minimum of 4 hours. I let it sit overnight. Drain the fw tank, flush system until you cannot smell the bleach.

Tip, drain the fw system before sanizing, including the water heater. The tank size, can take a long time to dilute before it is cleaned

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 04:21 PM   #3

Well, all you really have to do is run fresh water through each fixture until all the pink stuff is gone. But, as already suggested, sanitizing the fresh water tank and plumbing is a good idea at the start of the season. I also usually take the opportunity to thoroughly wash and inspect the roof. Then use Dicor to reseal any suspect areas. You may also want to clean your A/C coils, depending on how much use it gets.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:42 PM   #4

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll start gathering up the stuff to do the chores.
wordsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote