Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #1

Under Bed Base Size

I am making an assumption here, but was curious if anyone knew for sure about this.

I have looked at a lot of different models, both with king and queen beds as an option but it is hard to tell from eyeballing it whether the base of the bed itself is the same size for both queen and king, and depending on the bed size ordered, Jayco just uses different size plywood on top of a standard base.

My "assumption" is that in the base and slide itself are the same size and Jayco just installs wider/larger plywood sheeting on top of a standard size base to accommodate the larger mattress. They may also change the side table as well, but that is not so much of a problem in my opinion if one wanted to change out a queen for a king later on by simply changing out the plywood sheeting as well.

Thoughts?
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:06 AM   #2

I believe you are right ... we had ordered the queen in our unit because we wanted the extra room on each side but it came in with the king and I know in the slide area the width the same but the plywood base bigger on the king
Old 04-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #3

One thing I don't know is if the struts would be any heavier on the king ... I ended up making small slide in side cup and book holders for ours as there was no room in the slide for anything mounted on walls
Attached Thumbnails
both on bed.jpg   left side of bed.jpg  
Old 04-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #4

Nice Mod! Always impresses me when people come up with stuff like you did there. On the model we are looking at (330RSTS) the side tables are different depending on what size you order. The queen has shorter/wider ones in the corner of the slide where the king has long, narrow ones that wrap around the front of the slide.

With the 338RETS and the 330RSTS being basically the same setup in the bath/bedroom, I might just have to trek back to the dealership and find out before we order. Not only to see if what I think is the truth, but how much the wider/shorter side tables that come when you order a queen would be intrusive with a king.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:35 AM   #5

They basically just used the extra 6 inches on each side of mattress to add the side tables but in my case with the king I didn't want to mount the side tables so I designed them with a foot to slide under the mattress and hold them against the wall without attaching them
Attached Thumbnails
rear of side table.jpg   front.jpg