Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #1

Under Belly Sag Normal?

We have a new White Hawk (27 DSRL) and I've noticed there appears to be a fairly pronounced sag of the underbelly covering near the low point drains. We've asked the dealer and they say it is normal (don't worry - possibly spray insulation).

When I go under and press up on it there does not seem to be any resistance (like there would if there was spray insulation).

The bow is approximately 3" below the main support beams at it's lowest point.

The trailer is going back to the dealer soon for another issue (dinette table was secured during PDI with screws that were too long and pierced the the slide-out and are damaging the carpet) and is this something we should have addressed or is this a non-issue?

Any thoughts/suggests are most welcome.
mjwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:07 PM   #2

I would point out the fact that it seems to be stressing your gas line. Sag is normal, but that fact that your gas line got pushed down doesn't seem right. You sure you don't have a leak and is sagging due to water that eventually leaks out of the bulge?
Old 06-18-2016, 07:15 PM   #3

From the looks of it, that's where one of your tanks is. The black and gray tanks, being sloped, will make it look that way. Mine does it by both black and gray tanks. No big deal. I have pulled the chloroplast to make sure that's all it was.

On the too long of screws, would somebody please go steal that box of screws from the dinette assembly guy. Several people have had that issue, including me. 1" screws in 5/8 or 3/4 floor. Luckily I caught mine quick and changed the screws out.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
I would point out the fact that it seems to be stressing your gas line. Sag is normal, but that fact that your gas line got pushed down doesn't seem right. You sure you don't have a leak and is sagging due to water that eventually leaks out of the bulge?
Hadn't thought of the gas line issue - good call.

I don't see any sign of a liquid leak and we have not used the fresh water tank. When we originally looked at the unit I didn't recall seeing the dip - then thought I wonder if when they were doing the PD prep if they might have filled the fresh water tank and something overflowed causing the initial deformation.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
From the looks of it, that's where one of your tanks is. The black and gray tanks, being sloped, will make it look that way. Mine does it by both black and gray tanks. No big deal. I have pulled the chloroplast to make sure that's all it was.

On the too long of screws, would somebody please go steal that box of screws from the dinette assembly guy. Several people have had that issue, including me. 1" screws in 5/8 or 3/4 floor. Luckily I caught mine quick and changed the screws out.
This is on the passenger side (opposite to the dump valves - which are on the drivers side). When I push up on it I don not seem to feel any type of resistance so that was what made me question it. Figured if there were tanks above or insulation I would feel resistance when pushing up.

As for the screws - no kidding. The table was a little wobbly so we asked them to fix before we picked it up. Now big issues. Dealer said they would go good (order new membrane for under the slide and get carpet replaced) but that will put our new trailer out of service - all over someone's carelessness!!
Old 06-18-2016, 11:04 PM   #6

That seems to be normal - ours sags in some places and is bowed up into the frame in other places. We did have water seeping inside this when it rained or when it was washed. I'd notice it gushing out when I'd raise the tongue high to hitch up. In our case the issue was along the front - water would run down the front of the frame and the underbelly was sticking out just a little bit past the edge so instead of dripping to the ground it would hit the underbelly and run back underneath. Our dealer sealed that plus drilled some appropriately placed drain holes based on where the low spots are.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #7

Thanks all - I'll keep an eye on it. I'm having them check the LP line to ensure no straining.