Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:16 PM   #41

I appreciate the suggestions that have been posted. I plan on having a conversation again with Jayco customer service and try to find a solution to getting the unit fixed.

I have cooled off quite a bit since finding the damaged front cap. I think that part is going to be a hassle and could get expensive. I am sure from the discussion I had with the shop owner that he has no intention to own up to his part. I was angry with Jayco for my inability to get repairs done in a timely manner, if at all, and feel that all the time my unit has sit in repair shops has contributed to the risk of it being damaged.

I hope that Jayco will be able to step up and support their product.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:16 AM   #42

You keep bringing up Jayco as the villian here.

As many have said no problems working with Jayco directly and if you want to blame somebody the local people you are talking about seem to be the main ones in your discussion.

I'm out of this now..........

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 01-31-2017, 10:01 AM   #43

A good dealer makes all the difference. I have a good dealer and I'm pleased about that.

For someone who does not have a good local dealer, a company offering a warranty has some responsibility to help the dealer improve customer service. Otherwise such a company is not really offering a good warranty if the customer has to jump through hoops and overcome roadblocks to get the product fixed.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

Old 01-31-2017, 10:13 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
Otherwise such a company is not really offering a good warranty if the customer has to jump through hoops and overcome roadblocks to get the product fixed.
They can't force anybody to do quality work and on time. As I read this they offered to pay an independent shop to do the repairs in lieu of a JAYCO dealer. The independent shop, selected by OP, screwed up the cap and is also dragging their feet.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #45

Grumpy summarized it well. And unfortunately, Jayco probably has little control over their dealer network.
That being said, I agree with RVhiker's assessment. I once was a licensed dealer for a manufacturer and they would not tolerate bad service and could cancel the licensing agreement if their standards were not met. Jayco is responsible for the warranty, not the dealers.
And yes, I have contacted Jayco in the past when I was having difficulty getting anything fixed. Grumpy had it right when he mentioned that I talked to Jayco and got their agreement to have an indy shop work on it. Unfortunately, that shop was less than reputable.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #46

I also want to say that the post about contacting Jayco and talking to a service manager and insisting on getting assurances from them that the issues will be fixed and have them choose the repair shop was good advice.
It will probably mean I will need to take it a distance from where I live, but better than having it sit on another lot for a long period of time and nothing getting fixed.

Looked it up and it was Dustdevil who posted this....thanks for the advice.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:30 PM   #47

A quick update on my situation.
I did as suggested and spoke to Mike Mobley at Jayco. He suggested some repair shops, but said he was not sure how good the shops were. He also asked me to send a list of the issues with the trailer, which I did.
I checked on the shops he mentioned, all of them a distance from me. All but one had terrible reviews on their service work. The one shop that did have good reviews is booked until the end of next month, and told me I could only bring it in on a Wednesday, which I can not make due to work.
I have called Mr. Mobley more than once since, left messages, and emailed with no response.
I have a trip planned the beginning of next month, and now there are more items that need fixed. The main tv and the generator don't work now on top of everything else.
I am sure some of you have had great service, but I am sure I am not alone with this type of experience with Jayco.

And for those that say it's the dealers, I copied and pasted this directly from the Jayco website:
The Jayco 2-Year Limited Warranty is a manufacturer's warranty. It doesn't come from your dealer and it's not an extended warranty. It comes from the people who build Jayco recreation vehicles to the people who buy them. Each Jayco is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship to the original purchaser for twenty-four (24) months or twenty-four thousand (24,000) miles (mileage limitation applies to motorized products only), whichever occurs first, from the original date of purchase.

And for the post about me taking it to the indy dealer where the front cap damage occurred and not a Jayco dealer, Jayco authorized me to take it to that dealer in advance. I would not of taken it there without Jayco giving there approval for an indy to do the work first.

And I fully expect to get flamed for this post! Flame away!
Old 03-12-2017, 07:16 AM   #48

Sorry to hear you still are not getting resolution. I know the dealer makes or breaks a persons experience. It is the same with vehicles. We have an awesome dealership with a very helpful and friendly staff who bend over backwards to get us fixed anytime there is an issue. There are times when they do things that frustrate me, but it is rare. Of course, we have bought 4 new campers in the last 12 years from them!

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
Old 03-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #49

I agree with the others. It really comes down to the dealers.

The front cap damage shouldn't have anything to do with Jayco. Unless the damage is a manufacturer defect but it sounds like something hit it. How is that Jayco's fault. It isn't a Jayco warranty issue if you hit something. If it were me and the dealer refused to fix the issue I would call my insurance company. Many times they will work with the dealer's insurance and get it taken care of. If not file it as a claim and take them to small claims court for the deductible. If you choose to go the insurance route it opens the door for you to get it fixed wherever you want if you don't trust the dealer that damaged it. It is kind of like if your car gets in an accident, you don't have to let the person that hit it, fix it.

As far as what you copied from the warranty. This isn't flaming you at all but you are reading it wrong. The way it is written is to your advantage.

Let's look at it a different way lets flip it and pretend it wasn't written that way but rather was the opposite. That the warranty was with the dealer. What would that mean? It would mean you have to go back to that dealer. Maybe you bought from CW so you could go to any CW dealer. Well around here the only Jayco dealer is a family owned dealer. So if you bought in MN and moved to FL. Well now you need to go back to that MN dealer for any warranty work. If you have issues with that one dealer not doing the work to your satisfaction, well you have no choice but to go to the only dealer that will honor the warranty.

The good news is that it doesn't state this. It states that this is a manufacturer warranty. It states it comes from the people that built your camper (it doesn't say they will turn the wrenches to fix it though). Just that they cover it. In this case they are covering it financially not physically. Like I said they are not turning the wrenches to fix it but paying someone to turn those wrenches. You could argue that they have an agreement with a dealer to turn those wrenches which is true and they should not authorize a service center if they have issues like this. However how many people just complain on the dealer website. Or come to forums like this and complain. Unless people pick up the phone or keyboard and complain to Jayco, they don't know there are issues or delays. They just see a request for warranty work come in, they approve or deny it and it goes away. Sure they probably get a bill from the shop to close it out but the fact that they may not see the bill for a month or two would not necessarily indicate there are any delays on the dealer's part on fixing it. Maybe it was a minor issue, you swung by the dealer to get it documented and work approved on the way to a camping trip then you came back a month later when you scheduled an appt to resolve the issue.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #50

Did not take your response as flaming at all sennister. I understand what you are saying, but I have a different view. Jayco uses the 2 year warranty as a selling point. They are the responsible party to ensure that warranty is enforced.

Remember, I have had this unit for 1 year, and have only had 1 item repaired after spending considerable time sitting at service centers.

I am not bashing Jayco's product. I understand these things have failures, hence the warranty. And usually it is another manufacturers product that failed, such as Furrion, Cummins, Dexter, etc. It is the ability to get those items repaired under the manufacturers warranty that reflects on the company producing the products.

I followed the advice from those on this board, and have not received any replies beyond the original conversation. I have stated my case in a calm manner in the conversations I have had, and still have a trailer with several issues that have not been addressed.

I have a dealer close to me that does excellent work. The only dealer I have used in the past, but they have refused to work on my trailer because they did not want to deal with Jayco (Grand Design dealer). I have talked them into working on the trailer, but I cannot get a response from Jayco (Mike Mobley) to get the approval to take it there.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:52 AM   #51

Ask for management then ask why you are not hearing from Mike Mobley. The way things are going in this country, I am almost starting to by-pass supervisors and going to managers on issues.
(I am not specifically talking about Jayco here either.... Just about all other products as well)

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
Old 03-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #52

I give up. You're wearing me out watching you throw roadblocks up to avoid every solution a number of people here have suggested. I only see one solution. Sell your Jayco and move on. You don't have solutions to the existing problems. You are seeing more problems mounting uncontrollably. You haven't followed the advice of those here trying to help. And you continually blame Jayco for not inviting you to ship your unit to them all expenses paid for a gold-plated factory rebuild of your entire unit while they shut down the entire factory to solve your problems sight unseen. I see no other solution beyond simply selling your Jayco before you end up having a nervous breakdown. Or bankruptcy. Whichever comes first.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
I give up. You're wearing me out watching you throw roadblocks up to avoid every solution a number of people here have suggested. I only see one solution. Sell your Jayco and move on. You don't have solutions to the existing problems. You are seeing more problems mounting uncontrollably. You haven't followed the advice of those here trying to help. And you continually blame Jayco for not inviting you to ship your unit to them all expenses paid for a gold-plated factory rebuild of your entire unit while they shut down the entire factory to solve your problems sight unseen. I see no other solution beyond simply selling your Jayco before you end up having a nervous breakdown. Or bankruptcy. Whichever comes first.
My feelings also.

OP...show some initiative and contact a dealer of your choice, schedule it in for service work and get the ball rolling. You've already stated that you've talked to Jayco and they will pay for any warranty work...they even mentioned a few places to take it.

My goodness quit wasting everyone's time including your own.

Deal with it!!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 03-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
As for your front end cap, If the damage happened at the shop, It is the shops responsibility to fix the damage they caused.
Last fall I had some warranty issues and took it to CW. That's where I bought it. They required me to sign a waiver that said if they did any damage to my TT that I was responsible to get it fixed. The waiver also said that by signing it I was certifying that I had insurance to cover any such damage. That was a change from previous maintenance appointments.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Tim View Post
They are the responsible party to ensure that warranty is enforced.
They will, all you have to do is take it to the factory service center. The people there are the only techs under direct JAYCO control.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #56

If my post are read, I don't see where I was throwing up roadblocks. I have been trying for a considerable time to get these things fixed, in a calm professional manner. Haven't raised my voice, or made demands.

I have taken the advice (and very good advice) of some who responded. My phone calls and emails have not be returned.
I received an assurance today that Jayco will follow up on that.

As for a nervous breakdown, I don't stress out that easily. And hard to file bankruptcy when I don't owe anything. Truck , trailer, rzr, quads, all paid for.

There have been some responses on this that are very level headed and good suggestions and I appreciate that. Others have been more critical and flame those who have not had the pristine experience that they have had. Maybe in the same situation they may feel differently.

Moderators, feel free to lock this or even delete. Either one would not offend me in the least.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #57
Site Team

Thread closed at request of OP.
Closed Thread