Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2021, 05:04 PM   #41

We use it all, except the sound system and, wait for it, the tv. We gave it up, and we love life all the more without it.

Oh, and we love watching people and creating their life stories. By the end of the week, we have names, occupations, a comprehensive psychoanalysis, and full life stories for our fellow campers. In truth, we do not even know the first thing about them. So shameful . . . Terrible I know. Please forgive us.
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunafulltime View Post
We use it all, except the sound system and, wait for it, the tv. We gave it up, and we love life all the more without it.
Can't watch TV without TIVO and skipping the obnoxious ads, so no TV for us and we don't care. Nice to have internet though as we have a hotspot.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:03 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunafulltime View Post

Oh, and we love watching people and creating their life stories. By the end of the week, we have names, occupations, a comprehensive psychoanalysis, and full life stories for our fellow campers. In truth, we do not even know the first thing about them. So shameful . . . Terrible I know. Please forgive us.
We do the same thing and it can be hilarious making up stuff about other people and their lives. We come up with some pretty funny and bizarre stuff. We also give them nick names based on our fabricated musings, or some unusual characteristic (i.e. here comes old load in the pants) . When we see them around the campground we use their nick name and crack up. never to their face, of course. This little hobby makes people watching so much more enjoyable. A bit weird i know, but it is entertaining
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:28 PM   #44

I use the mascerator when dumping…
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:51 PM   #45

I'm guilty on all accounts. I've used everything it was designed, even the grill. The only thing we've yet to use in two years is the TV.

1995 Skyline Nomad
2016 Dutchman Kodiak Ultra-Lite
2017 Jayco Hummingbird
1998 Ford Explorer
2009 Ford F-150
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
BigRedGrandPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:01 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
We do the same thing and it can be hilarious making up stuff about other people and their lives. We come up with some pretty funny and bizarre stuff. We also give them nick names based on our fabricated musings, or some unusual characteristic (i.e. here comes old load in the pants) . When we see them around the campground we use their nick name and crack up. never to their face, of course. This little hobby makes people watching so much more enjoyable. A bit weird i know, but it is entertaining
100% LOL!
I meant to mention the nicknames. We make up scenarios for them, too. Often we are surprised when we meet some of them, and we are pretty close to their reality. Sometimes, I feel bad, like I'm judging people. When I sense that, I stop and pray for them and myself. Then in a small passing of moments, I find myself back at it. Dang it.
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:49 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
I thought I was weird for doing this
crockettlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:18 AM   #48

I use to leave my grey tank open until we went half time, (6 months a year), I started getting strong orders from the parks sewer system. Now we keep it closed all the time.

Fridge alway on while driving.

I sometimes back up when flat towing, to roll off my leveling ramps. When I’ve pulled forward the ramps would smack up against my running boards and I’ve cracked one!

Removed internal water filter and only use blue, inline, one.

Sanitize water every 2-3 months, even though we don’t drink it! My wife’s a water snob! (She even insist bottle water for the dog!)

Great thread!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:04 AM   #49

Only sanitize once a year and use the onboard water for everything including drinking and cooking. That alone shoulda killed me years ago!
Old 08-08-2021, 07:10 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
Only sanitize once a year and use the onboard water for everything including drinking and cooking. That alone shoulda killed me years ago!
Same here. We sanitize at the beginning of the season. Drain completely at the end of the season, and blow the lines out with compressed air. All water that goes in is filtered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I use to leave my grey tank open until we went half time, (6 months a year), I started getting strong orders from the parks sewer system. Now we keep it closed all the time.

Fridge alway on while driving.

I sometimes back up when flat towing, to roll off my leveling ramps. When I’ve pulled forward the ramps would smack up against my running boards and I’ve cracked one!

Removed internal water filter and only use blue, inline, one.

Sanitize water every 2-3 months, even though we don’t drink it! My wife’s a water snob! (She even insist bottle water for the dog!)

Great thread!
We can’t abide the waste on bottled water. For the dog? This is an animal that licks its own rearend, and will eat cat [emoji90] given the opportunity.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:18 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
Same here. We sanitize at the beginning of the season. Drain completely at the end of the season, and blow the lines out with compressed air. All water that goes in is filtered.
Yeppirs, same method I use. All of my water lines, fittings, water heater, and valves shoulda split open years ago but somehow the whole thing survives.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:20 AM   #52

Quote:
I'm even dumb enough to wear sandals while dumping! So take that!!
I'm dumb enough to barefoot it! LMAO
Fastway E2 Trunnion WDH
deepsea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #53
VKC

I painted the inside of my bumper also and put 2 hoses in it
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:17 AM   #54
VKC

I have had every level of camper from pop up to class A. I bought everyone of them with the intent of using them. Love the black tank flush
Old 08-08-2021, 08:20 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKC View Post
I have had every level of camper from pop up to class A. I bought everyone of them with the intent of using them. Love the black tank flush
Nice! Same route I went. Popup, 2 class Cs, and a class A. Like you said, gotta love the black tank flush. Use everything as designed.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:45 AM   #56

Quote:
I don't wear gloves while dumping. Sheesh, that's what soap and water is for.
Yes, I have often thought how silly we are. We hazmat up to empty the sewer, then go home, sit down in the easy chair and touch the sole of our shoes while removing them. Why don't we glove up to do that task?
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #57

My Dog only barks at Ugly people, so put on some nice make-up if you don’t want him barking at you��
Newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:52 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKC View Post
I painted the inside of my bumper also and put 2 hoses in it
Question: How do you paint the inside of the bumper??
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:13 PM   #59
VKC

Yes sir. 2 pop ups, 2 bumper pulls, 4 5th wheels, class A not in order. Now I’m in a class c and love it.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:33 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Question: How do you paint the inside of the bumper??
With a sponge on a long stick and Rustoleum.