Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2023, 08:32 AM   #1

Upholstery delamination

We have a Precept 31 UL 2018. The upholstery is delaminating. Is this an existing issue. Any fix? Any ideas where to get repaired? Thanks in advance
Agilitygiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:18 AM   #2

It's been commonly reported here. only recourse (unless it is still under warranty) is to have it reupholstered using quality leather/cloth/vinyl if you like the piece of furniture.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:24 AM   #3

Unfortunately it is pretty common. There are patches sold that can sort of disguise the problem areas but at the end of the day itís just a patch.

Hereís one example Leather Repair Patch for Couches 17X55inch Large Self-Adhesive refinisher cuttable reupholster Tape Patches kit for Couch Car Seats Furniture Sofa Vinyl Chairs Shoes Fabric Fix(Dark Brown, 17x55 inch) https://a.co/d/1frBP08
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 08:09 AM   #4

Thanks for the info
Agilitygiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 11:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilitygiants View Post
We have a Precept 31 UL 2018. The upholstery is delaminating. Is this an existing issue. Any fix? Any ideas where to get repaired? Thanks in advance
I'm having the same problems with my 2018 Precept 31 UL. Just awful to spend so much money on an RV to have the furniture crack and peel.
mharrisbl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 04:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharrisbl64 View Post
I'm having the same problems with my 2018 Precept 31 UL. Just awful to spend so much money on an RV to have the furniture crack and peel.
This issue is built into rv furniture. You are probably dealing with Pleather , which its called. There are hundreds of comments on the web from folks dealing with the same thing.

You can trying to get some discount from Lippert, if you have their product tag on your piece or pieces. It will take a few hoops. While I do not own a similar unit, my couch was provided to Jayco and was not astock sized couch on the market.

Good luck trying to update the same sized pieces that will go in place. There is so many options. But check the details more than the look if your pieces are not free standing.
Old 05-17-2024, 04:40 PM   #7

I tried patches on mine. Problem is they stick great to the tiny pieces of vinyl coming off. Basically, patches did not work for me.
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 06:49 PM   #8

I have used the kit shown to do some repairs. Seems to work OK. Will eventually need to have a pro redo it but for now, the paint hides all areas that have flaked and appears to stop the flaking in the immediate area.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2024-05-17 174649.jpg  

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 11:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilitygiants View Post
I just found this video 10 minutes ago. This guy shows how to fix leather and vinyl that is pealing. He also has links to the products used and shows before and after. I’m thinking this is the way to go.
https://youtu.be/rq2k9HwjSpY?si=0CA6EI72sGRC5zHT
It can’t hurt it, right?
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote