Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2018, 05:50 AM   #1

Venture Out Camping Resorts Opinions

Hello Fellow Campers:

I would like input from anyone who has experience with Venture Out camping resorts. My wife and I are supposed to go to a sales pitch on Saturday where I'm sure they are selling memberships or time-shares. Of course there are all the sales gimmicks to have a chance to win prizes and cash but at the end of it all is whether or not we will purchase what they are selling.

I would like to hear from those of you have stayed at one of these resorts or attended one of these sales pitches. Is it worth taking up a Saturday to visit and hear what they say? It is a 3 hour trip both ways for us and I don't want to make the drive just for a $25 gas card and free weekend of camping in 2018.

Thanks,
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
Hello Fellow Campers:

I would like input from anyone who has experience with Venture Out camping resorts. My wife and I are supposed to go to a sales pitch on Saturday where I'm sure they are selling memberships or time-shares. Of course there are all the sales gimmicks to have a chance to win prizes and cash but at the end of it all is whether or not we will purchase what they are selling.

I would like to hear from those of you have stayed at one of these resorts or attended one of these sales pitches. Is it worth taking up a Saturday to visit and hear what they say? It is a 3 hour trip both ways for us and I don't want to make the drive just for a $25 gas card and free weekend of camping in 2018.

Thanks,
Why do these ?? keep coming up. Same pitch, same motive, same objective. My father had a favorite saying; there is no free lunch. These people don't love you, they don't want you to experience a fun weekend on their dime, and they do hope you will fall for their tired old marketing pitch. If they didn't have confidence that a certain percentage of suckers who come to their free weekend, will purchase what they are really selling, they wouldn't bother sending out these offers.

At the end of the day, you will be $$$'s ahead by just tossing the offer in the trash and taking your wife out for a nice night on the town at your expense. I can't believe that anyone has reached the age of 35 who hasn't heard first hand stories from parents, friends, and coworkers who have fallen for these scams. After "enjoying" their purchase for a year or 2 they quickly realized that they didn't want to be tied down to a specific vacation choice and that thing they "OWN" is in fact a pool of quicksand that is almost impossible to get rid of resell and has them locked into annual owner costs.

Run, don't walk, away from this.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Why do these ?? keep coming up. Same pitch, same motive, same objective. My father had a favorite saying; there is no free lunch. These people don't love you, they don't want you to experience a fun weekend on their dime, and they do hope you will fall for their tired old marketing pitch. If they didn't have confidence that a certain percentage of suckers who come to their free weekend, will purchase what they are really selling, they wouldn't bother sending out these offers.

At the end of the day, you will be $$$'s ahead by just tossing the offer in the trash and taking your wife out for a nice night on the town at your expense. I can't believe that anyone has reached the age of 35 who hasn't heard first hand stories from parents, friends, and coworkers who have fallen for these scams. After "enjoying" their purchase for a year or 2 they quickly realized that they didn't want to be tied down to a specific vacation choice and that thing they "OWN" is in fact a pool of quicksand that is almost impossible to get rid of resell and has them locked into annual owner costs.

Run, don't walk, away from this.
X2, I totally agree, don't waste your time.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
Site Team

Years and years ago, I made a mistake of filling out an information card at an RV show for one of these outfits not truly knowing what it was. They called a few days after and offered their pitch which I turned down. They have called several times a year for the last 15 years or more.

If they are that annoying for filling out an info card, can you imagine how bad if would be if you went for a visit?
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
Hello Fellow Campers:

Thanks,
Time shares are a great product....for those selling them. You will never get the week (s) you want, cause everyone wants the same weeks. They sell the same plot 52 times, collect a "maintenance" Fee for every week also. As said you will never be able to get out from under this, it has no resale value ( check out trying to buy from someone selling one). Unless you want to go to the same campground, when they say not when you want, forever, and have way to much cash laying around you can't find anything to do with it I would not waste my time.

We went to one time share "talk" in Hawaii... after a few minutes he said your not going to buy are you.. I said oh hell no, I checked and I can rent it for a week for less than your maintenance fee. They offered a $200 voucher for stuff we were going to do anyway. He said maybe I'll make you watch the movie again, I said great, I slept through the first running be easier to sleep the second time, and, you have 50 minutes left that I have to spend with you, do whatever you want. Guy was livid and I was laughing.
These are some of the lowest of the low and will use any scam they can, separate you and your wife, high pressure sales tactics..

Unless you just want to toy with someone like a cat and mouse I would avoid it like the plague.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
Site Team

Agree, they are a waste of your time. You will quickly get tired of trying to get in where and when you want. It's easier to make your own plans and spend your money a place that does not lock you into a certain resort or destination.

Also most of these places are available for you to rent for a few nights without any membership and no obligations.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #7

Thanks for all the feedback. I agree with everything everyone has said. I have always felt like these things are gimmicks. The only reason I got curious about this one is my cousin bought into a time-share in Florida 15 years ago and has really enjoyed it. He was not limited to only the one property and has vacationed all over the country. But you are right, I didn't buy an RV to be chained to one resort! The RV has wheels on it for a reason!
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote