Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #1

Walk Through Bathrooms?

My brother just came home with a Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH which is perfect for him and his family. My parents currently have a x17z but they were seriously considering the matching White Hawk as my brother with the rear living room. They do a lot of camping on the beach so having the rear living room window would be awesome for them.

Basically, the only reason they DIDN'T purchase the TT was because you had to walk through the bathroom to get from the bedroom to the living room. They weren't thrilled with that.

They like Jayco so really aren't interested in other brands. I know Jayco makes a metal siding rear living TT that has a regular bathroom but they are not fans of the metal siding. Jayco then has the Eagle rear living which also has the bathroom they want and the fiberglass sides but this might be getting too expensive/heavy.

So if they want the rear living room by Jayco they obviously need to make some sort of compromise.

1) White Hawk 27DSRL- Pass through bathroom which they didn't love
2) Jay Flight 26RLS - Has bathroom they want, but not fans of metal siding
3) Eagle 298RLDS- Proper siding and bath, but TV upgrade might be needed

Of course, the Eagle seems to be pretty awesome. We saw the White Hawk and Jay Flight at the Hershey RV show, but not the Eagle. All I've seen about the Eagle have been images, but I do have to do that I really like the way the entertainment center is located as compared to the White Hawk and Jay Flight. It appears it is a lot more comfortable to watch TV in the Eagle. Also, does anyone know if there is a door or curtain that separates the master bedroom in the Eagle from everything? It looks like there might be but I can't really tell if it's the bathroom door I see in the pictures or if it's a bedroom door.

For the record, they'd really only be camping by themselves. Every so often they might have my aunts and uncles come visit for a night or two or even the grandkids. More often then not, it will just be the two of them. So what are your thoughts on the pass through bathroom?

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #2

I have the Eagle 298 RLDS Super Light you talk about. Great layout for two people and the occasional couple of guests. Yes, it has a sliding door that shuts off the bedroom from the rest of the main cabin. There is also a sliding door that allows you to exit the bedroom into the bathroom. Then there is a swinging door that opens into the main cabin so you don't have to go back into the bedroom. Of course, you can enter the bathroom from the main living area through that door. There's also an exit door to the outside from the bedroom. We bought the rear living room layout because of the TV placement. You can see the TV almost straight on from the recliners or the side sofa. No twisting your neck here. Also, my wife can work on her computer at the table and I can have the TV on without distracting her. Works great for us. You'll also love the tall, curved ceiling in the Eagle...makes the trailer seem way more spacious.
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #3

Thank you. This Eagle seems to be the perfect fit since it has the stand alone bathroom, plus the TV placement seems to be a no brainer compared to the other rear living room TT's I listed. What are you using to pull it with?

Old 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #4

cm.....I'm not towing it. It was pulled to a permanent site by a fellow with a Dodge 2500 Diesel. He didn't have any trouble with it. I think the Ford 150 with Eco boost could tow it....but you would be maxed out. This is one big, tall trailer that probably comes in between 10,000 to 11,000 lbs when loaded.
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #5

Ideally we would want a Tundra. The trailer is about 7,200 dry and 9,700 gross. I reckon that my parents would never come close to the gross since they never travel with water, only in the CG going to the dump station. If the trailer ever got near 8,500 I'd be shocked.

If we they gotta go 3/4 then I'm not sure they want that and may stick with the white hawk or similar.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #6

We have a 2012 36BHDS Jayco with a walk thru bathroom which is between the living area and the back bedroom and really like it. You can really get three people in there. As compared to our tiny bath in the 31BHDS which was a one person only.
paflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote