Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #1

Want to replace kitchen sink. Recommend

Anyone have any experience with Dehco branded kitchen sinks? Are they any better than Lippert? Thinking about replacing the single bowl in our X23F kitchen with a double bowl for ease of washing dishes (without running the water the whole time and filling our gray water tank). The stainless steel one I was considering has both bowls the same size. I kinda like the idea of one bigger than the other, but I’m only finding that design in “composite” materials. I’ve read plenty of complaints about Lippert quality, and the molded corners of their sinks being incredibly thin. I’m almost positive that is what came with our trailer. We aren’t having any problems with it, other than having to keep the water running while washing and filling our tank too quickly when we are at a site without sewer.
mtyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #2

No help with brands. Our 23B came with double bowls, that are the same size. We like that. We have small wash pans that fit nicely in them.

At home we have double bowls, and one is much smaller than the other, and we HATE, it! It is terrible for hand washing dishes, nothing fits in it.

My vote matching bowls.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #3

My brother-in-laws trailer is an 8 year old 23B, it also has the double-same-size bowls, and they wash dishes in it all the time. I suppose the only the only thing I'd lose with same-size bowls is the that they are rectangular, and I wouldn't' get that little bit of extra space at the top on the left bowl. I suppose that is not really missing anything though. Thank you for the input on the 60/40 bowls! If nothing will fit into the smaller side, I suppose that really is a waste!
Old 07-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #4

Here's the sink I was looking at getting. It has good reviews. Hubby isn't so sure stainless steel will match though.

https://smile.amazon.com/Dayton-D225...YHMUYESA1U&me=

Current sink is that parchment plastic, and interior of trailer is dark brown. I already bought a satin nickel faucet to install. That's actually how this whole thing started... Wanted a faucet with a single handle for ease of adjusting water temperature and keeping it there. Went to install the faucet, and found I couldn't get the nuts screwed down on the faucet because the dang countertop is in the way below the sink!
Old 07-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #5
Site Team

Watch for the sink depth, that it won't interfere with drawers that are close, and will be easily hooked to existing plumbing, without major modifications. Also, 22 gauge stainless will dent easier than 18 gauge. Not saying you're going to wash concrete blocks in there, but a pot or pan dropped accidently may leave a mark.

And, why are plates round, and sinks square??? Just wonderin'.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtyler View Post
Here's the sink I was looking at getting. It has good reviews. Hubby isn't so sure stainless steel will match though.

https://smile.amazon.com/Dayton-D225...YHMUYESA1U&me=
I’ve seriously been considering replacing my sink for the same reasons, my single sink sucks up the water trying to wash and rinse.

However, looking at the specs on this sink, the dimensions are probably going to leave you dissatisfied, they are really shallow at 6 1/2 inches deep, and only 19 inches front to back.

I have been looking at sinks at Home Depot and there are several available that I will probably choose from, I would recommend that you look around before you buy the one you have linked.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:25 AM   #7

Just a thought but wouldn’t it be easier just to put a dish pan with freshwater next to the sink to rinse the dishes and when you’re done you can throw it out so no water gets into the grey tank.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Just a thought but wouldn’t it be easier just to put a dish pan with freshwater next to the sink to rinse the dishes and when you’re done you can throw it out so no water gets into the grey tank.
I have one that’s just the right size and use it all the time, saves the amount of hot water I need and protects the thin plastic sink from breaking.
Attached Thumbnails
3A099677-9BD2-48FF-A8EA-DE65B9D520D7.jpg  
Old 07-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #9

I've got absolutely no counter space.....
Old 07-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #10

The grade of stainless in our Pinnacle kitchen sink has to be the absolute lowest grade you can buy. I would think that it would be hard to find one the same size, better quality.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #11

The White Hqawk has a double sink and it's so thin we do the dishes in a removable dish pan so the sink wont get a hole poked in it with a butter knife or something sharper. The dishwater waters the flowers or grass or a hubcap on the neighbors RV. (just kidding about the last one)

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:45 PM   #12

I'm currently using a dishpan, but only one will fit in the sink... Then running the water for rinsing. Water from the dishpan does get dumped outside. Maybe the solution is just to keep my sink until it cracks, and wash the dishes using dishpans on the dinette table...

And trying to figure out how to cut the counter top back a bit so I can get my new faucet installed, because the separate hot and cold handles are killing me! I do know there is a cord running right along that spot under the counter, which I assume supplies the the electrical outlet at the end of the counter. Whatever I do to cut the counter back, I'm going to have to avoid that cord...