Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Have you followed up? Just like any business sometimes things get lost in the shuffle.
I had been, but the Rep informed me two days ago that it was probably a lost cause and I wasn’t sure where else to go. Several people have given me great ideas on this sight and it greatly appreciated.
tschnurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:29 AM   #22

I should have mentioned, try going to Lippert instead of Jayco.

I would go to Jayco corporate customer service, get their 'stamp of approval' then go to Lippert.

Just like when dealing in cars, the warranty on different items is done through the mfg of said item. Like tires for cars is handled with the tire mfg, not the car mfg. This is a frame issue so will be directed to Lippert for resolution.

This is one of the difficult parts of dealing with RV warranty stuff. The chassis/frame is not repaired by Jayco. Just as the TV, microwave, refrigerator, etc are not covered directly by Jayco. Jayco covers the part that they make.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #23

We’ve had this exact issue, in Colorado no less. It was on a holiday weekend and our leaf spring broke, we ended up repairing it ourself in a Target parking lot. I’m looking at a lemon law issue if our dealer can’t help us. Jayco has told me in an email that they will not help us, and they don’t believe us, that it’s our fault and we have been driving around with a broken leaf spring for a long time... umm, hello, one broken leaf spring tore up our tire almost instantly!

Jayco had to talk to the manufacturer of the axle and leaf spring, and now we have a trailer that has all sorts of issues, continuing electrical problems, and more. I never want to own another jayco after how I have been treated.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #24

I had the exact same problem with my 2015 Jay Flight 26BHS when it was under warranty. I could tell the leaf spring had a previous crack in it from the rust on a portion of the fresh break. In my case, Jayco paid the repair place directly for the cost of repairs. When it happened to me, my tires were damages as well. Jayco reimbursed me for new tires. Other owners may want to check their springs for cracks. Trust me, being broke down on the side of a highway on a Holiday weekend is no fun. It took us 4 days to get it fixed due to the Holiday weekend and all the shops being closed.

This all happened a couple of years ago. Since then, I have not been happy with Jayco Customer support. It has gone down hill. I wonder if this has anything to do with them being acquired by Thor in 2016...

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote