Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
X2
Plus there is such a shortage of RV techs, kids don't want to work with their hands.
And then they are unemployed, living with mom and dad and buried in debt with college loans and wonder why.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #22

Im not that happy with the quailty of our new tt but i have to consider the cost. You really do get what you pay for! They look pretty but are built as cheap as posable!
dustyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrose View Post
Im not that happy with the quailty of our new tt but i have to consider the cost. You really do get what you pay for! They look pretty but are built as cheap as posable!
With JAYCO the price does not seem to have any reflection on quality.MSRP on our 16 Eagle was 64 and some change. Still garbage 2 1/2 years still waiting on warranty to be completed! And JAYCO laughing all the way to the bank. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Kaibab.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I would call Jayco along with your VIN and let them know of the problem. Sometimes they will let a non Jayco repair facility do warranty repairs, you would have to get a written estimate then submit to Jayco for their approval before any work began.
How do you reach Jayco? I have several problems and our dealer is 1000 miles away
Lanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:48 PM   #25

Follow up on my initial posting

Yesterday we were able to pick our Hummingbird up. I can't complain about the quality of the work done by the dealership, Fretz RV in Souderton, PA. It is excellent and they picked up a few thing I hadn't reported.

As has been discussed many times on these pages there is more demand for work at dealerships than workers which causes time delays. Also adding to the problem is almost being forced to go back to the selling dealer for warranty. I also learned from this that Jayco has slowed the process since Thor bought them. According to the service department they had to go over our list and re-document, with photos, everything . Then send the entire package to Jayco for approval. Until the job was approved they couldn't do any work or even order parts. Yes I have communicated directly with Jayco and it helped (as with any large operation you need to go up a couple layers and find a person who can say yes).

Just a side note on the original problem and as has been suggested by members here, the edge part of the countertop needs to be glued in. It also has a concave face so simple expansion and contraction will pull it out. If that had been my only complaint, I would have simply done that and if it fails again on the edge will do so probably with West 6-10. What caused me to take it back was swelling along the back and one side from actual intrusion. The front trim never showed any water problem.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
Yesterday we were able to pick our Hummingbird up. I can't complain about the quality of the work done by the dealership, Fretz RV in Souderton, PA. It is excellent and they picked up a few thing I hadn't reported.
When we were searching for our first TT we visited Fretz RV. The had a huge selection and the sales person we deal with was very knowledgeable and personable. Unfortunately they didn't have the floorplan we were looking for in any of the brands they carry so we didn't buy from them. That said we left with a very positive opinion of the dealership.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
How do you reach Jayco? I have several problems and our dealer is 1000 miles away

Go to their website to get the number.