Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2016, 06:29 AM   #21

I'm heading to the dealership today....3 un returned phone calls this week.

This is an extensive repair from what i understand from the dealer. That's why I've been so patient with the time it has taken.

I'll keep ya'll updated on what's going on....I don't mind the "hijacking" - I appreciate hearing how others handled their issues with Jayco/dealers.
sr20ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #22

I don't even want to talk about it!
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #23

Our trip was pleasant to the dealership. We went over the paperwork that's all been done on the trailer. There was extra communication today with Jayco and us to confirm the last of the parts were out for delivery (with tracking numbers) and will arrive this week.

We were able to go see our trailer and see what had been done so far - a lot of demo work. I got plenty of pictures and a video of what had been removed from where (so i know what to check when i get it back)

The root of the problem was a long time leak at the antenna (which we have never used) The boards there were obviously soaked through. the water pooled in the ceiling and caused damage to all the upper cabinets. So yes, it's pretty extensive, but there ya go.

We're going to be working with Jayco on extending our warranty out (not holding my breath) and the repair work has a one year guarantee from the dealership itself.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:32 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwade View Post
I don't even want to talk about it!
I'm right there with you! My fridge did not come in last week as promised and when I spoke to them on the phone, things that they had previously advised had been fixed...mysteriously now, have not. So it'll be my turn to make an unannounced visit this week when I can get away from work.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #25

Reading posts like this makes me think there are some bad dealers out there. When we went to pick our camper up the general manager met with us first. He gave us his card and said to contact him directly with any questions or issues. We had some minor issues and many very minor ones and he took care of them right away.
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:36 PM   #26

In case you were wondering...yup, still waiting for my trailer.....

6 months without it tomorrow.

Jayco says:

"I apologize for the issues that you’re having with your trailer. Jayco doesn’t compensate for lost of use, nor do we buy back trailers. Jayco has the 2-year warranty to make sure that warrantable issues are covered. I can tell you that there isn’t a part that we have that take’s 6 month’s for a dealer to receive, so it sound’s like the dealer didn’t order the part’s right away.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20ladybug View Post

Jayco says:

"I apologize for the issues that you’re having with your trailer. Jayco doesn’t compensate for lost of use, nor do we buy back trailers. Jayco has the 2-year warranty to make sure that warrantable issues are covered. I can tell you that there isn’t a part that we have that take’s 6 month’s for a dealer to receive, so it sound’s like the dealer didn’t order the part’s right away.

In a previous post you said that you recieved/had tracking numbers for the parts, two months ago if I remember correctly. Did that not happen? What is the current excuse the dealer is claiming is causing the delay?

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #28

Ours also took six months and 3 trips to get fixed. First trip in was mid October picked it up for the last time in mid March. Camping world blamed it on Jayco. Not sure who to blame but regardless 6 months is ridiculous for some warranty repairs. If it was Jayco CW should have been on the phone daily with them and I should have received regular status updates via phone or email. I did not get one update unless I called and asked for one. Even when it was finished I had to call and find out if it was done., Got oh yeah its been done for a few days Not entirely happy with either one. In fact my bathroom fan started leaking a few weeks ago due to the cover being broken which it should not have failed where it did. After last time I just went and bought a new/better one and put the darn thing in myself in an hour and half, bypassing the whole warranty I know but for the 150 it cost me for the fan it was worth it not to have to go through all that bs. Obviously not a solution for something big but..... We like the trailer but cw, jayco or both leave a lot to be desired for customer service. I am hoping as we all are for no more problems with it as that experience soured me greatly.
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:53 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20ladybug View Post

Jayco says:

Unimaginable....Unacceptable.....
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryg View Post
Camping world blamed it on Jayco. Not sure who to blame but regardless 6 months is ridiculous for some warranty repairs. If it was Jayco CW should have been on the phone daily with them and I should have received regular status updates via phone or email.

exactly bet they never followed up with JAYCO
(snip)

cw, jayco or both leave a lot to be desired for customer service. I
All I can say is in the 15 years I've been dealing with JAYCO directly ( bought 1st MH in 01) they have been very responsive to calls and "e"mails. The same goes for our dealer.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #31

I agree there are a lot of things going on here but most likely the dealership is reluctant to commit the resources (technician and a bay) to what is going to be a very long, drawn out repair. They can please more customers by making this one wait. As someone else opined, customer pay and PDI pay better. It shouldn't happen but it does.
bwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #32

Hearing all these stories makes me glad I've never had to take my camper in for work. I bought my first trailer brand new from a dealer about 2 hours away. We had a few issues here and there, but not anything I was willing to take into a dealership and let someone hack away at it. I figured I could break something just as well as a technician. I don't have that option on my current trailer....bought it used, so anything that goes wrong is on me.
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #33

Dropped my unit off the beginning of May 2016. Been in contact with my warranty person at Jayco and dealer. Dealer has been contacting me regularly as parts have been coming and work being performed. I informed dealer it has to be out by done by 1 Nov. period. If roof is not done or floor replacement is not completed I will be towing it out one way or another. So if you see a 43' jayco with a blue tarp for a roof going done the highway, it very well could be me.......
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, warranty