Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #1

Warranty repairs / Dealer service

I will be rating both Jayco and the dealer soon on the following warranty issues. We purchased the unit, a Jayco 17Z, in June 2010 and the following list was presented to the dealer in mid October with the unit. It will be picked up and checked next week, slightly after mid November.

Note this is not a rant! We still love the camper, we just want it right.

1)Water Heater-Igniter doesn’t work, Flame does not burn clean –makes gurgling noise and black smoke

2)Furnace -Fan noise, Burning smell, Interior cover cannot be removed- upper lip on top right is under the wood cabinet trim

3)Toilet - Fill valve shot water on floor 5 times when filling bowl
(Thetford had a defective batch around this time of production)

4)Stove-Burner top not secure

5)Air Conditioner-Appears to be riding high in front on seal

6)Rear Canvas Pop Out- Attachment lock screw on left missed mark, strangely the rear does not utilize a lock strip as front pop out does?

7)Pop Out Lock Rubber Pads Left front fell out- others cracked

8)Tank Monitors-None work

9)Grey Tank Valve -Leaks when closed

10)Partition under front dinette seat - Screw run thru panel on assembly

11)Dinette window - defect in assembled unit

According to the Dealer, the window was the major delay. Seems like it took Jayco quite awhile to send a new one.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?u=3163
Boss Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #2

Wow, that's a long list! Hope the issues are taken care of correctly for you the first time
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #3

WOW!, Yes that is a long list. We bought a JayFlight 22FB in Sept. 2009, have put about 4500 miles on it and the only problem we had was loose molding around the door. Good Luck.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
Site Team

I also had to replace the water valve module on our Thetford toilet. It seems there were a bad batch made in certain months of 2009. They leak on the top of the module when you push the pedal to add water. I saw water on the floor but could not figure out where it was coming from until I read about the problem on another forum. One call To Thetford and I had a new module delivered to my door for free as it was under warranty, no questions asked. I replaced it myself. That`s the only issue really worthy of mention I have had with our Jayco after 13 months. Sorry you had all those problems and I hope your dealer gets you fixed up soon.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #5

Sorry to read about the long list of repairs that need to be performed by one's RV dealer. For my 2006 Jayco 29FBS (which we bought 1.5 years old), NO warranty repair by my local RV Dealer. Only "tweaking" was the need to cut / splice the hot & cold plastic water pipes under its kitchen sink. If wondering, the tub/shower and bathroom sink faucets were backwards. But, its kitchen sink was ok. Its piping was accidentally criss-crossed at the factory. In learning from this problem, you'd think Jayco would use BLUE (for cold) plastic piping and RED (for hot) plastic piping runs. Thus, dramatically reducing the risk of getting their hot/cold piping criss-crossed. For correctly, my local RV dealer gave me 2 x 1/2" plastic couplers. I simply cut the factory piping under our TT's kitchen sink and installed the couplers/joiners myself. All fixed - without a visit to my local RV dealer. Other then this, our Jayco was "solid" for its first 3 years - until critters got into its under belly (which is outside warranty repairs).

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #6

Picked it up on Novemebr 23rd. The dealer had it 41 days. The long wait was due mainly to the replacement of the defective dinette window. The window was shipped from the window manufacturer, not from Jayco.

The Jayco Dealer seems to have completed all the repairs and adjustments. No charges. The service manager and technician explained all their findings and repairs. So far I give them good marks on their service.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
Old 11-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #7

I have a 2010 Eagle superlite 314 bds that is also having tank monitor problems. They never read right. Soon the dealer will tell you becuase you dont use RV brand tp even though I use single ply and the chemical they recommend. I have been told by others that they never work right. Anyone else have problems with there black and gray tank monitors? Recommendations on what chemical everyone is using? Inquiring minds want to know..lol
lou1216gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #8

Our monitors work perfectly, 2009 JayFlight 22FB. We never use chemicals but we do have a flush out system and flush out after every dump. Also we always keep 2 or 3 gallons of water in the gray and black tanks to slush around when we are on the road. And we use septic safe TP like Scott.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #9

Cool. no chemcials. What type of flush system do you use? Dealer was trying to sell me a tornado. I like the idea of leaving 2-3 gallons in black. but doesnt it smell, if not used for awhile? We use same TP..lol
lou1216gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #10

This is what we use. http://www.easternmarineoutlet.com/Q...Flusher-40123/

Don't leave sewage in the tank, flush it out first then fill through the toilet with 2-3 gals. of clean water.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #11

The tank monitor issues on our Jayco were due to a "defective" ground wire. I'll have to wait a few months now before I check them.

"Roughing it Cheaply"
Albums:
Old 12-02-2010, 02:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou1216gc View Post
I have a 2010 Eagle superlite 314 bds that is also having tank monitor problems. They never read right. Soon the dealer will tell you becuase you dont use RV brand tp even though I use single ply and the chemical they recommend. I have been told by others that they never work right. Anyone else have problems with there black and gray tank monitors? Recommendations on what chemical everyone is using? Inquiring minds want to know..lol
We have seen this happen on many occasions. What we reccommend is using a good enzime digester. Personally, I use RV-Trine, which our dealership sells. When you dump flush the tank real good, add 2-3 gallons of water and 2 ounces of RV-Trine. Not only does the Trine digest and clean the probes, it also deodorizes and has a very mild, pleasent scent to it. It isn't overpowering like some of the other brands on the market. You can probably find Trine at your local RV supply.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Wagon View Post
The tank monitor issues on our Jayco were due to a "defective" ground wire. I'll have to wait a few months now before I check them.
Unfortunately, that happens on a regular basis also Boss Wagon.

I am very glad to hear your local dealer took such good care of your warranty issues. Most of us Jayco Warranty folks take great pride in providing great service.

BTW, it does take a while to get a window. I cringe whenever someone calls for a replacement and warn them 8-16 weeks.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote