Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2015, 06:36 AM   #1

Thumbs up Warranty service experience

A lot has been written about warranty service problems at dealers who did not sell you the RV. I recently took my 2014 White Hawk in for a few warranty issues as I neared the end of the 2 year warranty period. The closest Jayco dealer is 60+ miles one way and I did not buy my TT from them. For the record, I saved about $5,000 by buying thru an on line seller. The not so nearby dealer could not get close to the on line price and could not order the unit I wanted because their order window was closed due to model year change over.

My service issues included a faded front cap, an intermitten sound issue with the large flat screen, a stiff / jerky main slide, and a couple more minor plumbing and fit issues. I contacted the dealer and email them pictures of the fading on the cap and a list of the other items. They submitted my claim to Jayco for auth to do the repairs under warranty which took about 2 weeks. I was contacted by the dealer to bring in the TT and they had it for 2 weeks. I think the front cap took the longest since they strip decals and completely repainted the cap. PS the cap looks great and has a car like finish with new decals and clear coat. I was allowed to purchase a replacement TV with Jayco reimbursing up to $300. My new LG 42" LED cost me a net of $50. the other items were adjusted, refitted, and or repaired.

In the end I was very pleased with the service I received from this dealer. They ask me one time if I had purchased the TT from them, so they could check their computer for the Vin and purchase record. When I told them "no", they never ask me again and the process described above moved forward. Their demeaner was very professional and I was treated the same as someone who had purchased from them. I would have happily purchased my TT from them if they could have come closer to the online price but they couldn't or wouldn't. As was my experience with previous RV's that I have owned, the White Hawk required no service work during the first 2 years. The selling dealer did replace a broken swivel chair that they had shipped directly to me. The few finish issues with fit and trim, I easily repaired myself with a glue gun and stapler.

Would I do it again?? Yes, in a heart beat.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
Site Team

Thanks for the thread, on forums we often only hear the negative side of our dealer experience.

Personally, I have had good experiences from my dealer, who I purchased from. We had a few minor things at PDI that were taken care of on the spot. We had several other warranty claims that were handled in a very professional way during the warranty period and afterward.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:30 AM   #3

Who is your servicing dealer? They sound like a "keeper".

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #4

After a year you can always tell the dealer you just moved to the area if you bought from away.. ;-))
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Who is your servicing dealer? They sound like a "keeper".
The dealer who did my warranty work was Dunap RV in Bowling Green Ky.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
Site Team

Mine is The Trail Center in North Charleston, SC
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #7

I'll give a positive shout out for fretz RV in Souderton PA. They have done warranty work, service work and parts supply for me. No issues. Just professional, timely and cost competitive.
Bucko06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #8

Same here, I'll gave a positive shout out for Richardson's RV in Riverside, California. I called with a list of items and they said bring it in tomorrow but I was unable to take it in that day and took it in the Monday after. Had my unit back on Thursday. Also noticed that I was missing a kitchen screen and they ordered it from the factory and had it 2 weeks later !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHawk51 View Post
Same here, I'll gave a positive shout out for Richardson's RV in Riverside, California. I called with a list of items and they said bring it in tomorrow but I was unable to take it in that day and took it in the Monday after. Had my unit back on Thursday. Also noticed that I was missing a kitchen screen and they ordered it from the factory and had it 2 weeks later !
x2
We just had ours in to Richardson's RV in Riverside for a few minor warranty issues. I was worried it might be a stressful experience. Quite the opposite. They fixed all 3 problems plus they replaced the broken door holder (I didn't even ask for this) and did one customer pay item in no time at all. We were very pleased.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #10

Any suggestions for Jayco dealer who will work on one not purchased from them under warranty, reasonable driving distance from Connecticut. My CT dealer refuses to even speak to me on the phone. I was thinking of Garrick in Northern NJ? Thanks in advance.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote