Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 PM   #1

Warranty work, dealer or local repair shop?

OK I knew when I bought my Jayco the dealer that sold it to me was over 300 miles form home. I found just a few issues I would like to get addressed under the warranty. One in particular is the shower surround. On the back wall, near the bottom, there are a couple plastic push pins meant to secure the surround to the wall structure. Didn't notice it on the PDI, but when we got home after our first trip out I saw that the pins aren't securing anything. I tried pushing them back in but they don't seem to be aligned properly with the hole behind them. My concern is that if we ever use the shower, and those pins aren't secured, water will get back there and rot out the wall. I talked to the closest Jayco dealer and the first thing they asked was "Did you buy it from us? No, I didn't. Might be able to get you in the shop in about a year." Tonight, I ran into a mobile RV repairman in my home town. I asked if he does Jayco warranty repairs and he said he did. Anyone have any experience having anything repaired under warranty by someplace other than a Jayco dealer? Good, bad? Thoughts? Opinions?
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
Site Team

You should contact Jayco directly and ask if they will approve that repair outside of the dealer. Many people on this forum have has good luck in communicating directly with Jayco on such matters.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:04 AM   #3

X2. I have done just that on 3 or 4 occasions. Call Jayco Customer Service and explain your situation and if you’re covered under warranty they will allow you to go to an independent repair shop or even another brand dealer near you. You will have to pay for the repairs out of pocket and then submit the receipt to Jayco for reimbursement. In a couple weeks you get a check in the mail. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #4

Thank you both. When the camping season is over and I'm nearly ready to store it, that's when I think I'll have the repair work done. I will contact Jayco before I do anything.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote