Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #1

Warranty work question

I recently had the blind above the dinette fail (one of the cords failed). I contacted Jayco and they stated I must go through a Jayco dealership for a claim. Neither dealer in Denver can see me for a while. I asked Jayco if the replacement part can be sent directly to me or if I can go to another RV repair shop in town. I was told no to both but I have read on here that others have done exactly this. I plan to just re-string the blind myself since it is simple enough, but I want a plan for when I do need a repair I cannot handle. For those that got Jayco to ship parts directly or got an RV repair shop to perform repair, how did you get Jayco to approve this?
cwalker022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:09 AM   #2

All depends on the dealer. I have taken the trailer in or pictures to verify the problem and they ordered the part. I then exchanged the part with the old one and did the work my self. All little things like trim ,backup camera and drain leak. I am sure anything major they would not do this
Old 08-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #3

My experience is the manufacturer be it Jayco or any other will want verification of the part's failure and in some cases the old part returned. Also, in my conversations with Jayco they are willing to assist in finding another dealer to perform warranty work but not willing to allow someone to pick their own preferred dealer not authorized by Jayco.

You should send an email to Jayco explaining the issue with pictures for verification and explain the dealership wait time. Then ask Jayco if they can assist in finding another dealer in the area with shorter wait times or send you the part for self install.

Jayco may be more willing to assist because you have now created a record of the issue for further action if necessary.

As a note, make the appointment with your dealer and in the email to Jayco mention the date as evidence of the long wait time.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #4

Thanks for the responses. I’ll keep this in mind in the future. Cost for cord to restring was $15. Too cheap and easy to bother progressing this claim.
cwalker022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #5

Dave
One more suggestion on contacting Jayco and you will recognize this from the Army. Put the dealer on all emails to Jayco and if there is a response that they are not on forward it.
It often speeds up situations when the slow poke gets unwanted attention.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:14 AM   #6

It took some time for me of continued documentation that my local dealers were unwilling to assist as they all had a policy to just service units that they had sold to get Jayco to allow my local (5 minutes away) dealer to service my RV and do warranty work.

Not impossible, it just took some time.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:26 AM   #7

Unfortunately Jayco will not send parts directly to a customer as some other brands may do. Jayco will send them to your closest Jayco dealer but then that means you have to go through the warranty process with verifying which part needs to be replaced, etc., etc. It’s a pain in the shorts. And depending on the part Jayco may request that you return the failed part to the dealer. The process for fixing something is easier when the unit is no longer under warranty but then you’re footing the bill.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:03 AM   #8

I have replaced the cords on 4 of my blinds so far. It's not hard, just takes a little time. Especially the first time.
Not even worth the gas to drive to the dealer!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote