Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #21

Does it cover the roof? Many of these plans don't.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
Wow...that's a really good deal........for the dealer.

First off, you need to know that if you go back for warranty repairs you might have lost most of your summer vacations because dealers are realllllyyyyy slow.

Secondly, if you do take it back to the dealer, they will most assuredly screw it up and it will be broken worse than when you took it in.

Fix things yourself or higher a reputable after market Mobile RV repair shop. In our case we had little to repair, but I did it all myself and paid out of my own pocket, just to save the hassle.

Maybe if you're lucky you can get your money back and cancel the ridiculous extended warranty.
Having purchased 3 motorhomes in the last 11 or 12 years what you describe is not my experience in anyway shape or form. I have researched dealers and know their reputation before I purchase from them. My motorhomes go back to the selling dealer for all warranty related work except for one time when the manufacturer (Thor) authorized a mobile tech to come to my campground.

My current dealer if is camping critical no appointment necessary in and out same day unless they do not have a required part in stock. Non critical make an appointment take it in for verification of the problem, take the coach home when parts arrive they call for an in and out same day appointment unless the labor takes more than 8 hours. None of the dealers screwed things up worse than when the unit went in.

Again, what you state is not my experience.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:29 AM   #23

Warranty

does anyone have a full copy of the 2019 Jay Flight warranty? It does not seem to cover anything according to the dealer. I bought a new trailer so that I had piece of mind of the warranty.
Zorha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Having purchased 3 motorhomes in the last 11 or 12 years what you describe is not my experience in anyway shape or form. I have researched dealers and know their reputation before I purchase from them. My motorhomes go back to the selling dealer for all warranty related work except for one time when the manufacturer (Thor) authorized a mobile tech to come to my campground.

My current dealer if is camping critical no appointment necessary in and out same day unless they do not have a required part in stock. Non critical make an appointment take it in for verification of the problem, take the coach home when parts arrive they call for an in and out same day appointment unless the labor takes more than 8 hours. None of the dealers screwed things up worse than when the unit went in.

Again, what you state is not my experience.
It's not my experience either. I personally had only 1 warranty issue and I bought my own parts at Home Depot and fixed it myself. My dealer is often cited as the worst in the Northeast and I knew that going in. But he was right down the street and his price beat everyone. What I saved in purchase price will pay for years of service.

However....., based on the comments on this and other RV forums, one is consistently advised of the poor workmanship and lousy dealer service. Dealers that offer appointments and same day service are few and far between. I only knew one dealer that worked that way and the policy changed after the service manager retired.

Nevertheless, $2700.00 for a warranty is the most obscene thing I ever saw.

Regardless, its just my way of doing business and just my opinion.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:19 AM   #25

I bought a $25 wallet at Brookstone before they closed. The clerk was obviously new with the store manager standing off to the side observing to make sure he maximized the sale. The clerk asked if I wanted an extended warranty. On a wallet? No, I think the leather electronics will be OK.
harryjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #26

Take that $2700.00 and put it in a separate bank account, use it for repairs that would be covered.. you will probably have most of that money still after 6 years. These "insurance" companies are notorious for refusing claims. (You forgot to dot the i and submit the claim on the 5th Sunday of the 13th month)
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #27

Take a look a the company that services the Extended Warranty -

BBB has a ton of complaints: https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/saint-pete...-0653-90024799
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty