Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2021, 05:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
Iron and zinc are the 2 most common minerals in the human body, and are actually necessary for good health. So, throw out your unhealthy bottled water and continue using your city water.

Now, if your city water contains arsenic or lead, as some do, then that's a different story. (think Michigan)

I just have to laugh at all the people that drink Poland Spring water. Its right next to the Poland pond, which is the most polluted water in the entire USA.

(No common sense any more)
Fake news highlighted in red.
1. There is no Poland Pond, in Poland Maine.
2. Poland Spring water is not drawn from surface waters. It is drawn from
multiple underground aquifers in Maine.
The bottling plant does treat the water, so it isn't actually "pure" spring water.

I have multiple friends that work there, plus I've done some engineering work in support of their electric power grid needs.
Fastway E2 Trunnion WDH
deepsea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea5 View Post
Fake news highlighted in red.
1. There is no Poland Pond, in Poland Maine.
2. Poland Spring water is not drawn from surface waters. It is drawn from
multiple underground aquifers in Maine.
The bottling plant does treat the water, so it isn't actually "pure" spring water.

I have multiple friends that work there, plus I've done some engineering work in support of their electric power grid needs.
It just shows to go ya that ya can't believe anything you read. It is funny, though, that "Poland Pond" does come up in a google search.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsmjim View Post
It just shows to go ya that ya can't believe anything you read. It is funny, though, that "Poland Pond" does come up in a google search.
Amen to that!

There is a Poland Pond in Maine. It is way up in Northern Maine.
Fastway E2 Trunnion WDH
deepsea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:44 PM   #24

FWIW

I would not use a trash can.

I boondock exclusively. I have a gravity fill freshwater tank. To date, I've toted 4 x 7 gallon reliance jugs full of potable water, and I made an adapter for one of the caps using a 1/2" npt to barb adapter, some clear 1/2" plastic line, and a hose clamp. I dump from the jug into the fresh tank.

But, at 60 pounds each, carrying, lifting and holding the jug as it empties is getting to be a challenge at my age.

So my plan...which is in line with your concept...is:
I can fill this anywhere...home or at an NFS spigot/hydrant and so on. I will use 120 volts for the pump, because I have a generator, so may as well. But similar 12 volt pumps are available.

Why spend for the tank? It's certified for potable water. It's sturdy (whereas a 30 gallon rubbermaid can is not). It's sealed so it stays clean. Moving about with a full load of water, the water won't spill and the can won't tip over and dump. The tank won't split or rupture from the weight of the water as the trash can might. The pump makes the transfer easy and clean. The whole system can be sanitized as one would sanitize the fresh tank and RV plumbing. Last but not least, the entire system, tank-pump-plywood, will weigh in at about 40 pounds or so dry. One can simply toss the system into the bed of the truck and fill, then remove it easily when it's not needed.

You can get a 25 or 30 gallon version of this kind of tank. Bear in mind that water weighs 8.3 pounds per gallon. 50 gallons weigh 415 pounds. 30 gallons weigh 249 pounds. What you can haul depends on your TV's capacity. I routinely always haul the 28 gallons in my 4 jugs so I can drink water from home rather than take pot luck at some NFS hydrant. My truck handles the nearly 250 pounds of water with ease.

The links are illustrations, not recommendations. Potable water tanks and pumps are available from many sources.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoore13 View Post
FWIW

I would not use a trash can.

I boondock exclusively. I have a gravity fill freshwater tank. To date, I've toted 4 x 7 gallon reliance jugs full of potable water, and I made an adapter for one of the caps using a 1/2" npt to barb adapter, some clear 1/2" plastic line, and a hose clamp. I dump from the jug into the fresh tank.

But, at 60 pounds each, carrying, lifting and holding the jug as it empties is getting to be a challenge at my age.

I can fill this anywhere...home or at an NFS spigot/hydrant and so on. I will use 120 volts for the pump, because I have a generator, so may as well. But similar 12 volt pumps are available.

Why spend for the tank? It's certified for potable water. It's sturdy (whereas a 30 gallon rubbermaid can is not). It's sealed so it stays clean. Moving about with a full load of water, the water won't spill and the can won't tip over and dump. The tank won't split or rupture from the weight of the water as the trash can might. The pump makes the transfer easy and clean. The whole system can be sanitized as one would sanitize the fresh tank and RV plumbing. Last but not least, the entire system, tank-pump-plywood, will weigh in at about 40 pounds or so dry. One can simply toss the system into the bed of the truck and fill, then remove it easily when it's not needed.

You can get a 25 or 30 gallon version of this kind of tank. Bear in mind that water weighs 8.3 pounds per gallon. 50 gallons weigh 415 pounds. 30 gallons weigh 249 pounds. What you can haul depends on your TV's capacity. I routinely always haul the 28 gallons in my 4 jugs so I can drink water from home rather than take pot luck at some NFS hydrant. My truck handles the nearly 250 pounds of water with ease.

The links are illustrations, not recommendations. Potable water tanks and pumps are available from many sources.
That tank looks interesting--I could put a valve at the bottom where the drain is and it would transfer into my camper by gravity, no pump needed.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #26

You can buy a battery ( 1 d cell) operated fluid transfer pump at TS for twenty bucks, buy 2 use 1 for mowers, tractors, atv's etc. ps be sure not to get them confused,
Old 10-18-2021, 02:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoore13 View Post

I have the 30 gallon version in my garage for my furnace condensate catch basin. Very good tank. I added a 1/4 turn drain valve with a garden hose connector. Works great.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote