Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #11

I dealt with the problem the first few times, but then quickly learned it is all how you level the unit. You can control the "leaking" shower and where your AC condensation goes by how to level it....my shower is along the back wall so I just keep my front end a little high and the door side a little high....water no longer drains out of the shower and AC goes to the back rear.

As long as you are not wayyyyy off, your fridge is fine and you will not notice it when you are inside unless you are playing with marbles on the kitchen table

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
I dealt with the problem the first few times, but then quickly learned it is all how you level the unit. You can control the "leaking" shower and where your AC condensation goes by how to level it....my shower is along the back wall so I just keep my front end a little high and the door side a little high....water no longer drains out of the shower and AC goes to the back rear.

As long as you are not wayyyyy off, your fridge is fine and you will not notice it when you are inside unless you are playing with marbles on the kitchen table
X2 Except I need the nose a little low due to the shower facing the opposite way. I try to get the door side a little higher to allow the a/c condensation to drain off the left side front corner. I've also read that it maybe harmful to caulk the seam between the surround and the tub due to the possibility of trapping moisture behind the enclosure and eventually damaging the wall.

rescuebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuebub View Post
X2 Except I need the nose a little low due to the shower facing the opposite way. I try to get the door side a little higher to allow the a/c condensation to drain off the left side front corner. I've also read that it maybe harmful to caulk the seam between the surround and the tub due to the possibility of trapping moisture behind the enclosure and eventually damaging the wall.
Yep...each model is a little different, but you just level to what is appropriate for that model and layout.

You are right about the caulk - they are not make for that. There is a high lip on the tub and and water that gets behind the wall will do damage if it can't run out.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote