Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #1

Water on the floor when showering

hey y'all,

first off, what a great website and what a great trailer the Jayco has been for us.

One small issue we struggle with is trying to keep the water in the tub when we shower in our 28BHS. I don't know why these tubs are not designed with a simple lip to prevent water from flowing out onto the floor. We try to wrap the shower curtain right around from corner to corner in the tub to keep water from hitting the tub surround and then draining out over the side of the tub. I have been considering maybe installing an after market pleated shower door and caulking the tub-to-tubsurround junction with hopes that will help.

Anyone else have issues showering in the tub (which is the same basic unit in all Jayflight bunk models)? Anyone got an easy fix?
canuckowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #2

If the water is hitting the surround and bypassing the ends of the shower curtain, the quick and dirty way to deal with that is to use your and to wet the surround wall above the tub side with water and push the end of the shower curtain against the wall. The water will make the curtain stick to the wall and keep water from running out.

If it runs out at the corner between the wall and the tub side, I've seen little corner guards that look like gussets that stick in the corner where the top of the tub side and the surround wall wall meet.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #3

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum canuckowner! Several places in JOF folks have posted some mods they made to help keep the water in the shower/tub area. We use the method Jeannie suggested above. Others have picked up a little triangular plastic peice from Lowes/Home Depot and glued it into the corner of the tub where it meets the wall (as Jeannie also mentioned). I'm running low on time at the moment to search for that mod, but hopefully someone can direct you there.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #4

I havn't had to deal with that problem but Welcome to the forum.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #5

That's the reason I didn't buy the Eagle Super Lite when we traded the 22FB. We just got tired of mopping water and for the extra $$$, I thought Jayco could have done better.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #6

Talking

simple solution,trade up to an Eagle!welcome to the forum.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #7

I bought some sort of thin 1/8" wide adhesive strip that I ran along the top edge of the tub that cured the problem. Got it at Lowe's back in their bathroom/kitchen dept. Color matched pretty good, too.

Mike
Current TV: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, CC, LB, Duramax/Allison

mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
Site Team

Keeping the trailer a bit nose high also helps somewhat.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #9

Thanks for all the good feedback and warm welcomes. We have tried most suggestions except to install the plastic piece along the front corner. We'll give that a try.

We bought our 2011 28BHS this past August and have been lovin it. Really lookin forward to spring and planning to spend many weeks in the TT.

If we are ever in the market for another TT we will definately be looking for one with a stand up corner shower. I am not that bothered by the water on the floor, but the dear wife is... and if the wife's not happy... well, you know ;-)

2011 28BHS
2011 F-150 5.0L with tow package
canuckowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckowner View Post
Thanks for all the good feedback and warm welcomes. We have tried most suggestions except to install the plastic piece along the front corner. We'll give that a try.

We bought our 2011 28BHS this past August and have been lovin it. Really lookin forward to spring and planning to spend many weeks in the TT.

If we are ever in the market for another TT we will definately be looking for one with a stand up corner shower. I am not that bothered by the water on the floor, but the dear wife is... and if the wife's not happy... well, you know ;-)

2011 28BHS
2011 F-150 5.0L with tow package

Yeah a little water on the floor is not that tough and I think it can be stopped so the wife will stay happy! Enjoy your new 28 BHS, we like ours and use it every chance we get.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #11

I dealt with the problem the first few times, but then quickly learned it is all how you level the unit. You can control the "leaking" shower and where your AC condensation goes by how to level it....my shower is along the back wall so I just keep my front end a little high and the door side a little high....water no longer drains out of the shower and AC goes to the back rear.

As long as you are not wayyyyy off, your fridge is fine and you will not notice it when you are inside unless you are playing with marbles on the kitchen table

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
I dealt with the problem the first few times, but then quickly learned it is all how you level the unit. You can control the "leaking" shower and where your AC condensation goes by how to level it....my shower is along the back wall so I just keep my front end a little high and the door side a little high....water no longer drains out of the shower and AC goes to the back rear.

As long as you are not wayyyyy off, your fridge is fine and you will not notice it when you are inside unless you are playing with marbles on the kitchen table
X2 Except I need the nose a little low due to the shower facing the opposite way. I try to get the door side a little higher to allow the a/c condensation to drain off the left side front corner. I've also read that it maybe harmful to caulk the seam between the surround and the tub due to the possibility of trapping moisture behind the enclosure and eventually damaging the wall.
rescuebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuebub View Post
X2 Except I need the nose a little low due to the shower facing the opposite way. I try to get the door side a little higher to allow the a/c condensation to drain off the left side front corner. I've also read that it maybe harmful to caulk the seam between the surround and the tub due to the possibility of trapping moisture behind the enclosure and eventually damaging the wall.
Yep...each model is a little different, but you just level to what is appropriate for that model and layout.

You are right about the caulk - they are not make for that. There is a high lip on the tub and and water that gets behind the wall will do damage if it can't run out.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote