Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #1

Water pressure tank?

I understand the concept of a “demand” system.
However, it just bugs me to hear the pump constantly cycle on and off while I wash my hands etc.
The engineer in me says it can’t be good for the pump motor and the starting amperage uses a lot more power compared to occasional runs, I’m guessing.
So...has anyone installed a pressure tank, maybe a gallon or so, to supply even pressure and moderate the pumps need to cycle?
FireFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFlier View Post
I understand the concept of a “demand” system.
However, it just bugs me to hear the pump constantly cycle on and off while I wash my hands etc.
The engineer in me says it can’t be good for the pump motor and the starting amperage uses a lot more power compared to occasional runs, I’m guessing.
So...has anyone installed a pressure tank, maybe a gallon or so, to supply even pressure and moderate the pumps need to cycle?
I have a 2-gallon accumulator tank on my Seneca. I also replaced the original water pump with a variable speed 5-chamber Remco 5.0 GPM pump. Between the two components I have smooth water flow just like at home. And the tank will supply more than one toilet flush or several hand washings before the pump has to kick back on.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:29 PM   #3

Back.in the early days trailers came with a metal tank similar to a motorhome LP tank that were pressuruzed with air.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I have a 2-gallon accumulator tank on my Seneca. I also replaced the original water pump with a variable speed 5-chamber Remco 5.0 GPM pump. Between the two components I have smooth water flow just like at home. And the tank will supply more than one toilet flush or several hand washings before the pump has to kick back on.
Mr. Rob,
I am sorry to ask if you have posted this elsewhere but I can’t seem to find anything. I am in the process of many of the modifications you have documented on the forum. Thank you. May I ask a few questions about this modification?
What tank did you install and where?
Did you put the lines to it after the valve between pump and city water?
The remco site says a accumulator is not needed. Do you disagree?
What pressure did you set the accumulator at?
Thanks as always for being the Seneca modification guru.
Lost and Found 2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:55 PM   #5

I was planning on getting one of these. I have read they help with the pump running ever time the water is turned on.
Attached Thumbnails
20220101_195329.jpg  
Shokyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 11:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost and Found 2022 View Post
Mr. Rob,
I am sorry to ask if you have posted this elsewhere but I can’t seem to find anything. I am in the process of many of the modifications you have documented on the forum. Thank you. May I ask a few questions about this modification?
What tank did you install and where?
Did you put the lines to it after the valve between pump and city water?
The remco site says a accumulator is not needed. Do you disagree?
What pressure did you set the accumulator at?
Thanks as always for being the Seneca modification guru.
I installed this two-gallon accumulator: https://www.pentair.com/en-us/produc...cumulator.html

On my TS I mounted the accumulator in the pass-thru area of the very last compartment on the passenger side. On the other side of the rig in that area is the water heater. In that last compartment there is a piece of carpeted plywood covering the pass-thru area. In that same area is the cold water line to the water heater and also the hot water line coming back from the water heater. I teed the accumulator into the cold water line there, it was a tight area indeed to work. I used Sharkbite fittings so all I had to do was push the fittings together. That section of the cold line is after the pump and communicates with all sections of the cold water system. I also installed it so the Schrader valve for the accumulator is accessible through the carpeted plywood in that compartment for checking the accumulator bladder pressure.
I have a Remco Aquajet 5.0 gallon per minute pump. Its cut-in pressure is approximately 40 psi so I have the accumulator charged to 39 psi.

I have also seen where Remco says an accumulator isn't necessary, but it works great in my unit. No problems shutting off at the pump's setpoint of approximately 65 psi. And it definately smooths out the water flow and reduces how often the pump runs for toilet flushing and hand washing. Of course longer flows trigger the pump like showers and such.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 11:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokyle1 View Post
I was planning on getting one of these. I have read they help with the pump running ever time the water is turned on.
I installed that one in our Seneca and yea it did stop the pulsing and running all the time.
Attached Thumbnails
5F57B877-7ADA-4775-9A21-CAF55FDB83E6.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:15 PM   #8

My 2015 HJ is set up like yours. I will install in the same location. Thank you as always for your help. Happy New year to you.
Lost and Found 2022 is offline   Reply With Quote