Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #1

Waterproofing your shower curtain

As most of us know, the fabric shower curtain in our Jaycos are NOT waterproof. I have observed water coming right through the curtain with the shower on. I have tried spraying tent waterproofing on the curtain and that still hasn't stopped the penetration.

I'm close to attaching a vinyl backing to the clips and having the two curtains as one, but before that an idea came to mind...

Has anyone tried using Neverwet fabric spray? Any thoughts on doing this?

Here's a demo video:

SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #2

I read some bad reviews on the never wet. I tried the camping waterproof spray with no luck. I added a vinyl liner.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #3

How did you attach the vinyl liner to the original curtain fabric? I want to continue using the stock track and clip system on the roof and just have the vinyl attached somehow on the inside.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #4

You may not want to use my redneck engineering method. I removed the curtain from the track by taking the first 3 screws out and sliding it off. I used a regular sized cheap (Wal-Mart) vinyl liner. Some of the holes in the liner matched up with the current clips/slides that are attached to the curtain (why do they make them like this??). Where they didn’t line up I put a small piece of white duct tape and punched my own hole. I then slid it back on the track. We haven’t used the shower for anything other than storage since I did this so it may fall apart. LOL
Old 06-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #5

Hah, I did the exact same thing up to the joining part. I'm thinking about trying my hand with a sewing machine using heavy duty thread and then sealing the threads afterwards with seam sealant. We use our shower all the time! Sidenote: new Oxygenics shower head is great!