Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2023, 02:54 PM   #1

What are you using to boost your RV park WiFi signal?

Hello, my daughter recently bought a 2015 Jayco Eagle and will be living in it at a RV park while finishing up her bachelor's degree. She is trying to keep expenses low, so she wants to use the RV park's WiFi, which is good right outside her RV, but inside it is dramatically reduced.

After researching several things including: Alpha Camp Pro 2 WiFi Booster, Winegard ConnecT 2.0 Wi-Fi Extender, and BearExtender Outdoor High Power USB Wi-Fi Extender for Marine/RV, we were wondering if anyone has used any of these or is using something else that works. She is trying to avoid paying for any cellular or satellite service, especially since the WiFi is really good at the park.
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 03:18 PM   #2

We used Winegard's ConnecT 2.0 with excellent results on a recently sold MH. So we would prefer that as a replacement.

Because your daughter has a good wi-fi source she will have success with any of the name brands for what she's doing, but she needs to make sure she can create her own secure network. And it will be unusual to find one that doesn't offer that capability.

Edit: ... have heard good comments about King products, but have no experience.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:13 PM   #3

I just ordered a King WiFi Max from Amazon. It has a reduced price right now:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 06:22 AM   #4

I use the Alpha Camp Pro 2 in my metal garage to get the wifi signal from the house inside the garage and it works for my application. I stream TV channels with a Roku box with minor hiccups some times. She wont be streaming TV or movies using park Wifi but The Camp Pro 2 does work well.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 07:41 PM   #5

We use the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 and a Verizon Orbic hotspot. We switch between them; sometimes one works better than the other. The Orbic is a solid performer. We very glad we bought it. It's good to have some redundancy in your wifi setup.
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:41 PM   #6

We are on our first trip with the King WiFi booster and I am very pleased with how well it works. Both cell phones and 2 iPads have max signal. Even sitting outside the WiFi is still max signal. Well worth the money considering how so many RV parks have weak and spotty WiFi. Plus, it isolates us from the other park users.
Old 06-07-2023, 02:59 PM   #7

We moved today to another RV park. We’ve been here before and always had trouble getting good WiFi. I had the King Booster connected to the park WiFi in less than 5 minutes and as before we have a strong signal to power both phones and iPad’s. This device works better than I expected.

It did take some patience during the initial setup, but the included instructions are precise and will walk you through it step by step. Fortunately I set it up at home first using my house WiFi so when we got to the first RV park it was quick and easy.

Old 06-10-2023, 12:02 PM   #8

I use a Netgear wifi extender I bought at Best Buy years ago. It's an easy setup.

Netgear WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender https://a.co/d/fpaXkPv

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 12:17 PM   #9

Check a company called CCrane from the west coast. They have a lot of antennas for Wi-Fi. We are looking for one we can use at Grand Haven , Michigan. We are looking for a source for upgrading our trailers tv antenna.
paulms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 01:43 PM   #10

I just bite the bullet and got an AT&T WiFi hotspot, works great, plus I can travel with it.
Roll On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 02:37 PM   #11

For 25 a month I got the verizon box. I brought it with me to my seasonal site in Maine.No problems so far. Last year was a nightmare using hot spot. So far no problems.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 02:49 PM   #12

TMobile and Mint frequently had deadspots. Consumer Cellular 100% so far.
Although we have the Winegard on the roof creating the wifi, the hotspot on the phone does just as good. Consumer Cellular uses AT&T.
Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 04:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer03 View Post
Hello, my daughter recently bought a 2015 Jayco Eagle and will be living in it at a RV park while finishing up her bachelor's degree. She is trying to keep expenses low, so she wants to use the RV park's WiFi, which is good right outside her RV, but inside it is dramatically reduced.

After researching several things including: Alpha Camp Pro 2 WiFi Booster, Winegard ConnecT 2.0 Wi-Fi Extender, and BearExtender Outdoor High Power USB Wi-Fi Extender for Marine/RV, we were wondering if anyone has used any of these or is using something else that works. She is trying to avoid paying for any cellular or satellite service, especially since the WiFi is really good at the park.
We have been using PepWave surf on the go for many years and it has never failed us
Weatherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:57 AM   #14

I ordered the KingWIFIMax1000....2nd step of instructions for first time user says to choose the King_300300 from available networks. The response on both my laptop and mobile is: "Connected to devise. Can't provide internet".

I've called the supposed customer service 3 times and receive a recording as to what times to call, followed by advertisement for other products. 3 emails explaining problem have gone unanswered. King has NO CS!!

Any King users have a suggestion??

To make sure it is not thee weak cg wifi or cell, I'm sitting in a public library with lots of signal power. thanks
Marksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 02:47 PM   #15

The setup can be a bit confusing. For this setup make sure your Cell is turned off; WiFi on. Go to your Cell or tablet settings page and look for the King 2G /5G in the list of networks. It is asking for the code of your unit, which is on the label on the bottom of the unit. Enter that into the space for either 2G or 5G, whichever you plane to use. I am using 2G because it has a farther range and some of my devices won't work on 5G.

Then open your web browser and enter the website http://mykingwifi.com

On the King page go to the left hand column and select WiFi Settings. There you will give a name to your booster and create a password. You can create a separate name and password for 2G and 5G.

If you successfully get that far let me know....then continue on beginning on page 9 of the manual.

https://kingconnect.com/content/Prod...%20KS1000).pdf