Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2022, 10:41 AM   #1

What do the RV dealerships do with buy backs

About 8 months ago, the wife and I bought her brothers 2005 Jayco Greyhawk.

We still had a 3 year old small 16 foot Jayco featherlight (two side pop outs), so we contacted a local RV place to see what they would buy it for. They gave us the pay off amount, so we jumped on it.

My question is, do these really sell quick? I don't see this particular model being made anymore (I think ?), so does Jayco scrap them and use them for parts to those that are still in use?

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #2

They sell it.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:08 AM   #3

They sell it if they buy it back. If they couldn't sell it, they'd never offer to buy it. Some dealers and areas the pricing may be higher than others, but generally, the offers are around the wholesale or bank loan price.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:32 AM   #4

They also go to used RV auctions, but its sold in some manner. When I traded my trailer in to RVOne for the current Greyhawk they gave me a price unseen and more or less said we don't care what it looks like, its just going to auction anyway. They didn't even look at it when I dropped it off and picked up the Greyhawk. They just wanted to know where I left it..
Old 02-17-2022, 08:02 PM   #5

A few months ago,, they could sell a tent with holes in it.. They aint gonna buy something, turn around and loose money on it..

Also,, i've seen adds for L.A. County in Market Place posted by various groups asking to buy older RV's, which they use to help the homeless. Some RV Dealers more than likely are helping these 'charities' for write offs and publicity.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 05:07 AM   #6

Replies opened my eyes. I guess I was just thinking about my own self in that I would never buy a model like the one I sold off to them, and therefore figured Jayco just wanted it off the market to save face. I paid way too much for it new, it was cheaply built (pop out sides kept pulling away from the body, causing leaks onto the bed, fold out stairs pulled off of the cheap wood, causing my wife to bang up her leg bad).

Hope the next owner of it is a good handy repair person.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote