Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #1

What do you use to load your RV for a trip?

Thinking about getting a collapsible cart of some sort. Right now I make 20 trips with a bin to load food clothes etc... Any recommendations on a good cart?? Thanks!

p.s. 81 and Sunny here today

Old 02-11-2015, 01:35 PM   #2

this is what we have Haven't used it yet, but will this coming weekend. there are different type carts out there. Friends have this one and they love it
http://www.campingworld.com/search/i...y&Nty=1&Ntpc=1

US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #3

I have found that moving food from the house pantry to trailer is a mental and physical PITA. usually something will have been forgotten.

A full menu is prepared for the trip and ALL food for the camping trip is purchased, then taken directly from the car to the trailer. Even if we have the same stuff in the house. I then stuff the grocery bags into a corner in the trailer. At the end of the trip all remaining perishables are brought into the house using the bags still in the trailer.

I buy small bottles of condiments at the start of the season. I take nothing from the house.

At the end of the season, all remaining food in the trailer (usually canned goods, smore stuff and condiments) gets incorporated into the house pantry and consumed over the course of the winter.

I hate the conversations of "you don't need to get that 'cause I think we have some in the house". This belief always ends up with a second trip to the grocery store.

As for clothes, we use laundry baskets. xfer the clothes to cupboards and take the baskets back in the house. when the kids were little, the basket stayed at the end of the bunks.

beer and soda are in the cooler and stowed under the table. Ice is bought when we get there.

My biggest time and sanity saver has been my grocery process. you may think you are buying more, but it will all get eaten eventually.

Tim
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #4

I use laundry baskets to move everything from the house. It takes a few trips, but it has always worked for us. Dry goods in one trip, refridgerated goods in another, freezer goods in another, cloths in another and maybe 2 or 3 trips for shoes (the wife has something for shoes)

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #5

We have clothing in the camper and everything else we need stays in the camper. My fishing gear is in the camper so If I go fishing at home I get everything I need out of the camper. When we food shop for camping it never goes in the house.

Hook up and go.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #6

We use two 17 year old boys...

With the exception of clothing and food our camper is stocked and ready to go..
Each of us takes our own clothes out.. 1 trip.

I plug the camper in the day before to cool down the fridge/freezer, we run to the grocery store and just park the car behind it and load straight from the car to the camper. Other than a few misc. trips we are ready to go.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1961 View Post
We use two 17 year old boys...

With the exception of clothing and food our camper is stocked and ready to go..
Each of us takes our own clothes out.. 1 trip.

I plug the camper in the day before to cool down the fridge/freezer, we run to the grocery store and just park the car behind it and load straight from the car to the camper. Other than a few misc. trips we are ready to go.
othrt than having a 16 and 11 year old daughters. We do the same thing.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistzz View Post
Thinking about getting a collapsible cart of some sort. Right now I make 20 trips with a bin to load food clothes etc... Any recommendations on a good cart?? Thanks!

p.s. 81 and Sunny here today
Not to be sarcastic but if it were 81 and sunny here today, I wouldn't mind taking 20 trips to load the RV .

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
I use laundry baskets to move everything from the house. It takes a few trips, but it has always worked for us. Dry goods in one trip, refridgerated goods in another, freezer goods in another, cloths in another and maybe 2 or 3 trips for shoes (the wife has something for shoes)
x2. An improved version is to use a rolling laundry hamper as you can drag it up the stairs and into the door! I use both, but the hamper makes the clothes trips less as you can fit more.

We have the collapsible mesh type during the trip for laundry that gets washed and everything goes back in it and to the camper.

I find that stocking my spices, staples and canned goods in the beginning of the season and leaving it in the cuboards cuts down on my loading. Dry goods and sides are always stocked after the trip once used up.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #10

I go to a nudist park so don't have to make any trips.

Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote