Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthRider View Post
1) Great local dealer whom we trusted (Steve's RV in Lacombe, LA). Our first smaller unit was a Keystone Outback, and he took care of us. He also offers great competitive internet pricing. No MSRP and haggle here - straight forward pricing up front.

2) Fantastic floorplan we didn't see in other makes.

3) Longer warranty - which we never had to use.

But most of all #1. If he switched brands tomorrow I'd believe it's for the right reasons.
We bought our gently used fiver from Steve's RV. Liked the floor plan and the price. No haggle over price or financing. Great service when needed. Would buy from them again.

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2015 F350 Lariet Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel B&W Companion Hitch
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:32 AM   #62

With so many brands out there now, we wanted to stick with what we were familiar with. Jayo seemed like the quality was a step above our Salem that we replaced.

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #63

We just bought (last month) a used 2015 JayFlight 24 FBS. It was even a “salvaged” unit purchased at auction by a local dealer. He put on a new air conditioner (the original one had been scraped off the top by a previous owner). I was impressed that the damage seems to have been localized to the adjacent rafters. I this that accident would have ripped the entire roof off a lesser unit. Looks like insurance “totaled” it for the previous owner.
But the reason we insisted on this one was the floor plan that we could both live with, and the 80 gallon water tank (this one is the “Elite” trim) – no more lifting heavy water jugs to fill the fresh water tank—yay! I can see that the unit was thrown together in an afternoon, but it should be fine for now. We saved probably $5k on this one. The design (as opposed to the build) seems sound for what it is.

I found this site to be very useful:
https://www.campsitephotos.com
(no, I get no compensation from them)
kwatson51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #64

Good so far

We have had our 2019 Jayco 33RBTS for a couple of weeks now and we are very happy. I honestly feel this one was built in the middle of the week with a good crew. The workmanship has shown to be good (better than my Arctic Fox) with very minor flaws. I pray it keeps on going. The floor plan is great and we have had lots of compliments.
gayefromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #65

Big indoor RV show in Spokane 3 years ago. Got to check out everything. The Greyhawk 29MV had the best workmanship and usable floor plan. The RV show is where you learn that Airstream is a religion.
Bought mine from a local dealer with a good reputation and fair pricing. Nothing has gone wrong with it except the Girard tankless water heater. Fixed it by whacking with a screwdriver handle (advice from this forum) and it has been working ever since.
leeinmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:25 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeinmt View Post
Big indoor RV show in Spokane 3 years ago. Got to check out everything. The Greyhawk 29MV had the best workmanship and usable floor plan. The RV show is where you learn that Airstream is a religion.
Bought mine from a local dealer with a good reputation and fair pricing. Nothing has gone wrong with it except the Girard tankless water heater. Fixed it by whacking with a screwdriver handle (advice from this forum) and it has been working ever since.
What was wrong with the Girard...........I have one and have not had problems yet.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #67

Not sure, one thing for sure of bad choice. All most three years to get warranty completed! Had to hire legal beagle, so as not to get my post washed!Really
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #68

321 RTSR Eagle

To be honest we decided on Jayco because our son is the Jayco dealer. So I know we will be well taken care of. We also have researched a lot and Jayco is a mid priced with good reputation. I know that the Rv industry has a declining quality problem so having a good dealer is the most important factor in the purchase
DavidSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #69

Girard

The gas valve solenoids froze up. There was a recall to replace them, but since I fixed mine with the violent approach, I haven't needed to take it in for service. The dealer went ahead and gave me the replacement solenoids in case needed in the future.
leeinmt is offline   Reply With Quote