Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #51

We have owned several TTs over the years, some good, some not so good. Had to sell our last one, and then went camperless for a few years. Decided to upgrade to a 5er, and started looking at reviews, talking to owners, comparing brands at dealers, etc. After about 6 months of that, decided on a Jayco, but not a specific one. Quality of construction, such as 5/8" marine plywood floors vs. pressed wood or OSB, great cabinets and tons of storage, and some really good floor plans made the difference. Then started looking for a used Jayco 5er. Our neighbor, who has one, gave us a heads up on one close by that was for sale. One look at how that 7 year old Designer 29RLTS had held up for all those years, was enough to tell the owner - SOLD. We have never regretted the buy, and like it so well that we would like it to be our last camper - going to try to keep it nice for many years to come.

Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #52

Our Montana got old and needed to be retired from the road- Montana had a floor plan we liked but were too expensive for our budget- Started checking out the dealerships in our area and discovered Jayco Eagle has a very similar floorplan- We traded and have been very satisfied although the mods are still a work in progress- The price was right, the quality is acceptable and it tows very well- This could be the unit we will live in even after we give up the fulltime lifestyle- JMHO- DD

Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #53

When the wife said " I like this one" that was good enough for me! We chose it for the floor plan . We liked the decor. The price was right. Bought it over the net as of yet no regret. I really didn't want to become a Jayco owner because everyone else was one. After being in the competitors trailers that offered the same floor plan Jayco was the most comfy.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #54

Once I started looking, I found that jayco had one of the better manufactured tts. Plus they have been around for such a long time, while still in business. When looking at used trailers I came across a few that we're no longer in business which made me stay away from those brands. while still wanting a jayco, I was also continuing to look for deals on other brand tts ( still in business), because i was on a tight budget, given to me by my minister of war and finance. In the end I was lucky to find a jayco model I wanted for a screaming deal from someone who just couldn't use it anymore.
3firetrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3firetrucks View Post
Once I started looking, I found that jayco had one of the better manufactured tts. Plus they have been around for such a long time, while still in business. When looking at used trailers I came across a few that we're no longer in business which made me stay away from those brands. while still wanting a jayco, I was also continuing to look for deals on other brand tts ( still in business), because i was on a tight budget, given to me by my minister of war and finance. In the end I was lucky to find a jayco model I wanted for a screaming deal from someone who just couldn't use it anymore.
I am glad to hear I am not the only one with a tight minister of war and finance lmao.

Best regards,
Doug

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2017 Jayco 24RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #56

I've mentioned it into another thread but thought I'd re-post this little tidbit here for new members looking for yet another reason to buy a Jayco.
We were camping at Association Island in Henderson NY last Canadian Thanksgiving. We were on a waterfront site, facing lake Ontario. The winds were wicked that weekend, we had big wind gusts. I didn't know I was supposed to bring the antenna in. When packing in for the weekend, I wasn't able to bring the antenna down in it's usual place. When looking on the roof, we noticed that the caulking had lifted a bit on the lake side from the force of the wind and that one arm was broken. Took pictures and went to the dealer. I was ready for the bill and was told not to worry about it, Jayco fixed it. Now that is service! I wasn't Jayco's fault, or a defective product but yet, they fixed it regardless.
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #57

We had a list of criteria....floorplan, amenities, weight (2,600# or less), dealer support, price.....in the end we evaluated quality and thought the fit, finishes and value of the Jayco worked best for us.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #58

Like others, we looked at several brands during our search. And like others, we kept coming back to Jayco models because we could get the floor plan, features and quality that we wanted at a price that easily fit our budget. While we have not had ours that long, we are confident that we made the right choice.
Power247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #59

QUALITY.....'nuff said.
"God looks out for the stupid, so I keep Him pretty busy"

2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel in proper Purdue gold and black (the Coally Roller)
2013 Jayco Swift 264BH
Soulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #60

I dont see fit and finish any better than others. We wanted larger fresh water capacity and Jayco had that with 86..

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote