Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2016, 05:23 PM   #11

In my opinion, the dealer is more important than the brand. You want to buy from a dealer who will provide top notch service after the sale. Spending just as much time researching a dealer can pay off more in the long run than researching various brands.

David

astrowolf67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #12

It seems like half the products I have seen are either Forest River or By Forest River. Glad I am not the only one who wasn't impressed by some of what I have seen by them.

Funny commen about the Terry. My dad used to own one I think

foxrider68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #13
Site Team

Arctic Fox.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrowolf67 View Post
In my opinion, the dealer is more important than the brand. You want to buy from a dealer who will provide top notch service after the sale. Spending just as much time researching a dealer can pay off more in the long run than researching various brands.

David

It is refreshing to see at least one person feels the same way as I do. IT seems as though everyone is focused on how big of discount they are getting and price. Yes price is part of the equation, but only part of it.
The hardcore RV crowd on the internet forums contain a lot of shortsighted cheapskates when it comes to their purchasing logic if you ask me.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Arctic Fox.
That's two Arctic Fox, Trailer Life had a write up on them this month and I loved the layout. I'll have to look at that as the next 5W.
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:58 PM   #16

We had Open Range (Highland Ridge) and loved it and missed the quality and reliability of it when we purchased our Heartland Gateway. Will never buy another heartland for EVERY trip out something else fell apart or broke and came back to the Jayco and have been very happy in the 9 months that we have owned our Northpoint 377!!
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 4 YO Daughter
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:04 AM   #17
Site Team

Buy one from a company with a 2 year warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:26 AM   #18

I've bought a sunset trail and a rockwood since I've had my jayco and have had less trouble from both of them than I had with my jayco. The only problem I've had with either of them is the led light string on the awning of the sunset trail has some lights out.

On the jayco
Bathroom sink faucet leaked
Bathroom sink drain leaked
Kitchen faucet leaked
Stabilizer jack broke
Toilet started leaking at base
Under the dinette storage door catch pulled loose completely from the wood
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:49 AM   #19

Starcraft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
It is refreshing to see at least one person feels the same way as I do. IT seems as though everyone is focused on how big of discount they are getting and price. Yes price is part of the equation, but only part of it.
The hardcore RV crowd on the internet forums contain a lot of shortsighted cheapskates when it comes to their purchasing logic if you ask me.
We learned the hard way on our first new camper purchase in 04. We bought a brand new pop up, non Jayco, and, after our first outing, the lift system failed. Luckily, we were home, and unpacking when it did. I called the dealer, and was told there was nothing we could do unless we got it to them, ten miles away. I had to tow it there, half open, with wratchet straps holding all the canvas in. It took them three months to "get around to it" before it was fixed. Upon going to pick it up, I raised the roof to check it out, and immediately smelled wet rotten wood. They had left the storage trunk open, setting outside, and the floor had been ruined by multiple rains. They agreed to fix it, which they did by drying the wet wood out, cutting a strip between the bad and good flooring, then laying fresh plywood on top of that, trimmed with new vinyl and quater round to mask the edges.

Upon shopping at the dealer where we just purchased our new Jayco hybrid, I asked them what to do if a warranty issue came up that made the camper unsafe to tow. I was given a 24 hour contact number to call, that would dispatch a repair tech within a one hundred mile radius, or, send an appropriate towing service to our aid depending on the issue and distance. To top that off, the unit I was interested in, was at another of their lots, an hour and a half away. Without even making a commitment to purchase it, they had it on the local lot the next day, and called us to come and look at it. There was no pressure at any time, and, even though it was a lower end, left over 2015 unit, we were treated as if we were buying a top end RV. That dealer is why I now own a Jayco. That dealer will have my repeat business in the future, no matter what brand they are selling at the time.

David

astrowolf67 is offline   Reply With Quote