Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #1

What would you do?

January 8 we put a down payment on our first RV, a Jayco 23BHM. We took out an RV loan thru our bank. The loan was good for 45 days. The loan is set to expire February 22. The RV dealer said it would be ready in a few weeks, but to call on Monday (we bought it at an RV show on Saturday) and they would have an exact date for us. After a couple of days of phone calls we finally got a date of Mid March, bummer, but ok.

Our bank is asking for a VIN number in order to process the loan. So I called the dealer who called Jayco and they said the soonest they could get me a VIN number was February 24. So now I will have to refile for a loan and take another hit on my credit score because of it. We're not very happy about it. Is this normal? Is there anything that we can do? Any ideas would be appreciated.
fragmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:32 PM   #2

In the rv industry, anything abnormal, is normal. Haha.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #3

I have run into that before with a boat. I waited until right before the loan was about to expire and then was able to get a VIN from the manufacture. It sounds like you are pretty close to that. You may want to wait until a the 21st and give Jayco a call. Be sure you know that is the trailer you want because I think it would be hard to get things stopped once your bank has the VIN and the paperwork starts.
Recently I almost went down this road again with my new truck. Deal fell through and I was nearing the loan expiration. I was able to work with the bank and they were able to extend it for me. They said they would have to check my credit but I would get the same loan rate if nothing changed. That was my main concern as I didn't want the rate to go up. I would not be worried about the credit check. Since you didn't take out the loan yet, it will just show that you had a credit check. This happens all the time when people go to the dealer and they ask for your drivers license so you can test drive. So when people are car shopping, they end up with a few credit checks. Pretty normal I think. You would only have to worry if you were taking out a bunch of loans at the same time, that would probably lower your score a little.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #4

We went through a bank as well for out new 26BH, had a VIN in less than 3 weeks from the time we ordered it. Maybe the timing was just right with Jayco's production run of the 26BH's, I'm not sure. Have you talked to the bank to see if they would give you a week extension without pulling credit again if you explain this to them? Good luck and I hope you get it sooner than later. Enjoy your new TT!
2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadamn View Post
So when people are car shopping, they end up with a few credit checks. Pretty normal I think. You would only have to worry if you were taking out a bunch of loans at the same time, that would probably lower your score a little.
Correct. An extra credit check is not going to do much to dent your credit score, especially if it's 700 or above. In a very short time what ever hit you take will bounce right back up.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_26 View Post
We went through a bank as well for out new 26BH, had a VIN in less than 3 weeks from the time we ordered it. Maybe the timing was just right with Jayco's production run of the 26BH's, I'm not sure. Have you talked to the bank to see if they would give you a week extension without pulling credit again if you explain this to them? Good luck and I hope you get it sooner than later. Enjoy your new TT!

The bank isn't budging. Oh well, I guess it isn't too much of a bog deal. Just a hassle. And thanks!
Old 02-12-2016, 06:56 PM   #7

Thanks for all the reply's. Hopefully we won't even have to get the second credit check.