Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2016, 07:51 PM   #31

We usually take 1 big trip a year to the Davis Mountains in west Texas. It's an 8.5-9 hour drive. We plan on going again this year but we will also head over to Big Bend state park, which is about 2 hours from Ft. Davis state park.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #32

Our big trip for this summer is to Beaver Island by car ferry 35 miles out into northern Lake Michigan. We will boondock camp for 14 days right on the beach, taking our mountain bikes and 10 foot inflatable dinghy with a 9.9hp outboard for lots of fishing, pull some great salmon and trout out of the lake. The island has a very small town with a few stores for supplies and a restaurant or two. Its just time to relax, turn off the cell phones, watch some of the most beautiful sunsets and the northern lights along with millions of stars, since we are so far out into the lake there is no light pollution and the sky is pitch black.

Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:32 AM   #33

This year we've decided to go to Tennessee. New RV Resort, Breathtaking Views, Fireplaces, BathHouse, STAY WITH US
Old 03-09-2016, 04:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone campin View Post
So far, we have 3 planned...

Memorial Day at Salt Fork State Park in OH
4th of July at Misty Mt. in VA
Aug at Endless Caverns in VA

I'm sure we will fill in many more weekends as we can...
If this is the first time at Misty Mt, get a site at the bottom by the office/store. The rest of them are seriously uphill, and makes for a very long walk to the pool (behind the office/store). Been there! Some really fine wineries in that area.
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #35

The 'big' trip this year is going to be Niagara Falls. I've got to get on researching campgrounds and staying options.

We go to VA every year to stay in the mountains and visit family as well, some time in northern michigan, and a bunch of local weekends.

With the boy in kindergarten this year and me working from home, I'd like to do a boys long trip somewhere this summer when he's on summer break. Not sure where yet.

Retired: 2014 X23B
mitechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #36

We, happy band of newbies, are headed to Maine this summer with our two dog pals. Doing and learning about trailer camping has been a lot of fun. This Forum has helped a lot. Best to you all in your travels.
2012 Horton Car Hauler
1997 F250 Light Duty - gone but loved
Catmike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:53 AM   #37
Site Team

We leave in a few hours for Statesboro, Ga with our camping club. Sunday on to George L Smith SP for 5 days.

Our season started in Mid Feb..

This year we have trips planned for N. Georgia, SC, NC, Virginia and Florida.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:44 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
If this is the first time at Misty Mt, get a site at the bottom by the office/store. The rest of them are seriously uphill, and makes for a very long walk to the pool (behind the office/store). Been there! Some really fine wineries in that area.
Thanks! I'm pretty sure that is where we are - friends that we are meeting there live close and scoped it out - they called me from the office and I made my reservation. We are looking forward to it!

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71
Reese Dual Cam HP
Tekonsha P3 controller
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:32 AM   #39

we just bought our first tt and we have 21 days scheduled from now to the beginning of August. Our big trip is from Charleston SC to John Pennekamp state park in Key Largo Florida for 4 nights with two nights planned on the way down and back for a total of 8 days. I'm still researching campgrounds for the trip there and back. We are super excited
Stricklines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:37 AM   #40
Site Team

Stricklines: We stop many times going and coming in Georgia at exit 3 and 7, just before Florida. Let me know if you are interested in a few great and inexpensive overnight places.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote