Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2016, 05:23 AM   #1

Where to list a rv for sale, off forum??

If my wife and I wanted to sell a Travel Trailer before our new Jayco gets here, in Your opinion what's the best online source to use,( Paid source )
I want to place a nice ad. we want go coverage on our ad..
Thanks for every ones help !

If you like you can send me a Private Msg.. or post Thanks
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:50 AM   #2

I've had success (both buying and selling items) with craigslist.com. They have a dedicated section for RVs. ( FREE! )

I've never heard of Alvin but googled it and found one in Texas. If this is your town then here's a shortcut:

http://houston.craigslist.org/search/rva
Old 11-20-2016, 08:03 AM   #3

Ditto I buy and sell on Craigslist quite a bit. It's free and worth a shot before paying for advertising. You have to understand the scammers will call and email, just use common sense; no shipping or online payments. I sold my TV on there just last month...

Full timers but still active duty AF, anxiously awaiting retirement travels where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Old 11-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #4
Site Team

I sold a TT in one day on Craigslist and had other interested parties. Post good pics and a thorough description with your ad, and a fair price.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:35 AM   #5

Since you asked about a Paid source, RV Trader would probably be the best choice.

With that said try Craigslist first, as the Members above recommended. I sold or X19H quickly by only listing it on
our local Craigslist site yet the guy who bought it was 200 miles away.

I just sold 2 boats off of it (1 was picked up yesterday) and he came over 400 miles from SC and I only posted on 2 local Craigslist sites. All those deals were Cash including or X19H which was a 5 Digit Cash Sale.

There are sites online and Apps (I use one) that allow you to search nationwide very easily for items.

Key is a good listing header with words people would search for, (Brand, Year, Model, Length) lots of pics and a good description in the add. You can list on multiple Craigslist sites to get better exposure if like for people who may not use the nationwide searches.

You may get a couple scammer hits but you'll know who they are cause when you politely respond you will get no answer.

Good Luck with the Sale.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #6
Lost in the Woods

I sell on Craigslist all the time. When ever I want to upgrade something I list it. Once it's sold I make my next purchase. I've sold everything I've listed. However be prepared to weed out the nitwits. You get a lot of bogus replies and lowball offers. I stopped using the email feature and just put my number. No email, no text, phone call only. I want to speak to a real person. I've had better success and less aggravation that way.
Gman1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #7

I both purchased and sold our popup on Craigslist. Sold it in 2 days.. Also have sold other items as well. And as others have said be mindful of scammers. I had a couple of them try to purchase items and have me ship them out...

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #8

Craigslist... Sold our pop up in less than a month. Sold a motorcycle in less than 2 weeks.
klpoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #9

I used both Craigslist and rv trader when I sold our pup. The craigslist ad brought a lot of responses from people who wanted to lowball the price before even coming to see it. But the RVTrader ad brought a response the second day from a nice young couple that we happily sold the trailer to. I'd try both again if needed but take the Craigslist responses with a ton of salt.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #10

Sold mine on RV Trader for a single $24- ad. Didn't last long, either...