Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #61

New to RVing and just got a Octane T32g toyhauler. Its a lot of trailer on the hitch. Planning to retire in a couple years and share my time between the Smokey mountains the Tampabay area.

I will probably trade for a Sprinter based Class B. Perfect for commuting from Florida to the mountains and strong enough to pull a decent size cargo trailer for the toys.
vankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:55 PM   #62

Either a Greyhawk Class C or a Entegra Odyssey
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:35 PM   #63

Our next RV will be an older Hitchhiker or Carriage product, that's not too heavy for our 3/4 ton diesel pickup.
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:48 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overogal View Post
Our next RV will be an older Hitchhiker or Carriage product, that's not too heavy for our 3/4 ton diesel pickup.
I always liked the Carriage fivers. Looked at a few used ones before we bought the Jayco (used). Carriage came back as Lifestyle as far as I know (at least the floorplans did) but I think they're gone too. I liked the frame on the Carriage as well as the quality.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #65

Yes, they are built to hold up well, as were the Hitchhikers!
We met some people at a park on Michigan who had just bought a 2011 Carri-Lite and it looked brand new!
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #66

We currently have a Jay Feather 7-23RD and are looking to upgrade next year. We are considering a White Hawk 27RB as it has considerable storage. We are planning a 5-6 week trip out west. We eventually hope to get out of the NE 2 or 3 months in the winter.
Sully54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #67

Sold our Bungalow and was looking for a used Jayco or sob. Walked into a 2018 Hayfeather 27RL and fell in love with it. We had a Jayflight 33RLDS but sold it when we bought a house. But yet we would stay in the Jayflight for 4.5 months during the summer. Now we have a house we will most likely stay home July-August [maybe] then go out for 7-10 to different places.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully54 View Post
We currently have a Jay Feather 7-23RD and are looking to upgrade next year. We are considering a White Hawk 27RB as it has considerable storage. We are planning a 5-6 week trip out west. We eventually hope to get out of the NE 2 or 3 months in the winter.
I am looking at the 27RB for the same reason. I live in Upper Midwest and want to do the snowbird gig for a few months in the winter. I am targeting the SE, Florida thru Texas, using military campgrounds for the winter excursion.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote