Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #41

Well we have the first trip of the season under our belt. It was great to be camping again and although the weather was a little colder than I like (furnace worked very well) we had a few very nice days of sunshine and blue skies. I captured a little video showing some of the views of the area for anyone interested in take a look (video capture with a Parrot Anafi).

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:13 AM   #42

We do our own winterizing. I did it on my own thru one of these RV sites and it was so easy I thought I missed something. I still need to finish cleaning out the pipes whenever it stops flooding in SE Michigan. Luckily for us we are not in the flood plane but where I to go to to work is. Most of the roads are washed out and the husband has to reinvent how to get to work since most of the roads are closed. Back to winterizing. You Tube has the videos is you get confused. Now on to planning Colorado. Happy Camping everyone.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #43

WE ARE!!! hitting the road june 10th for our trip from Fl. to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Grand Teton and Rocky mt. national park..stay tuned for updates!
195 RB 2017
Toyota crew cab 4wd w/ tow pkg
Wife and Gracie the wonder dog\
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryrebos View Post
WE ARE!!! hitting the road june 10th for our trip from Fl. to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, Grand Teton and Rocky mt. national park..stay tuned for updates!
195 RB 2017
Enjoy!

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #45
Site Team

Whoo Hoo! First trip out next week to the Thousand Islands. This year has been tough to make reservations. The DW's job has changed, days and hours are different each week. Usually by now we have five or six reservations made. We prefer state parks, and if you don't make reservations nine months before, its tough cookies. Feel lucky to get one in the middle of the week. More than likely we'll be fairly local for the rest of the summer.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #46

Quote:
195 RB 2017

We found a tour group that toured all three of the sections of Yellowstone. Grand Tetons, Upper and lower Yellowstone. Saw things I don't think a regular person would have seen. Yellowstone was my favorite. As for Mt Rushmore we started with Custer State Park and drove thru there and onto a hillside where you see Mt Rushmore. I suggest starting from Custer into Mt Rushmore. That was a lot of history to me that is. We were heading to Glacier Montana and that was awesome too. This summer is Colorado Utah Grand Canyon and Mesa Verde. Enjoy the trip. You will love it.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:21 AM   #47

I usually have taken one trip by now but we just moved and not only have we not had time to do anything but work on the new house, the camper served as a storage shed durning the move. I am in the process of unloading it and de winterizing it for our trip this coming weekend to Jellystone Park. It was like meeting an old friend uncovering it after almost 8 months!
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:08 PM   #48

we are bac from previous mentioned trip . 8200 miles 38 days and a dream trip. we had one flat tire on the truck, easily handled but no other problems. we went from Fla thru Ga. Tenn. Missouri, Iowa and South Dakota and Wyoming to Colo. and back thru Kansas, Arkansas, Miss. Ga. . WE Love this country!!!
195 RB 2017
Toyota Tacoma crew cab w/ tow Pkg
wife and Gracie the wonder dog that got to play in snow for the 1st time!
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #49

What fun!

I am still employed full time so I take out my RV on weekends since I bought my Jayco Greyhawk I have had 5 excursions since April :
1. Tecopa Hotsprings CA
2. Lake Powell AZ
3. Bryce Canyon Utah
4. Reno NV

In two week we are spending 3 night in Flagstaff towing my car so we can sightsee in Sedona
whackynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:59 AM   #50

Quote:
we are bac from previous mentioned trip . 8200 miles 38 days and a dream trip. we had one flat tire on the truck, easily handled but no other problems. we went from Fla thru Ga. Tenn. Missouri, Iowa and South Dakota and Wyoming to Colo. and back thru Kansas, Arkansas, Miss. Ga. . WE Love this country!!!
195 RB 2017
Toyota Tacoma crew cab w/ tow Pkg
wife and Gracie the wonder dog that got to play in snow for the 1st time!

I remember when we went to Yellowstone in 2011. We came in thru the back entrance to the front West side and my daughter said mommy look snow in June. We stopped and yes, she stepped in it. On one of our tours they took us to an area near the road that was just cleared of snow. In a t shirt and jeans she climb to the top of the snow bank. Yes we have pics. But O the memories.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by whackynurse View Post
I am still employed full time so I take out my RV on weekends since I bought my Jayco Greyhawk I have had 5 excursions since April :
1. Tecopa Hotsprings CA
2. Lake Powell AZ
3. Bryce Canyon Utah
4. Reno NV

In two week we are spending 3 night in Flagstaff towing my car so we can sightsee in Sedona

Actually take a peak at Jerome before you hit Sedona. Jerome is such a quaint little town. It is off 89 south of Sedona. We were disappointed with Sedona because we thought it would be this quaint little artsy town. Turned out to be an expensive touristy area. But there is a chapel that is really beautiful to see and there is a restaurant called I think Creekside that on the patio serves dogs. There is also Tlaquepaque Arts & Shopping Village. Very expensive but the courts area have nice little fountains, floral gardens and statues. My daughter is an art major and some of the sales clerks had no idea what she was talking about when she asked about some of the paintings. She walked out of there saying they need to know art before they sell it. Sad. Otherwise good luck finding a parking place. It is very crowded after 1. I do want to see Sedona again but maybe an hour and done. So if you like crowds go. Otherwise have fun finding a parking place. They will ticket and tow from what I was told at the tourist center.
As for Bryce Canyon? We did a tour thru Bryce Canyon Scenic Tours. Was worth it and every penny. Tim and Oscar really made our tour worth it. We got history and saw things that you won't see if you tour yourselves. They stop inside the National Park Cafe so you can get lunch there. The gift shop is phenomenal. We stayed at the KOA Cannonville and the people there are terrific. Definitely a great trip. Spent 3 weeks going thru Denver to Utah and south to Bryce. Also Zion is worth it. Grafton is just south of there and a terrific little ghost town. We finished with Grand Canyon and then Mesa Verde and home. Now time to plan Alaska. Happy Trails.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:36 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
Well we have the first trip of the season under our belt. It was great to be camping again and although the weather was a little colder than I like (furnace worked very well) we had a few very nice days of sunshine and blue skies. I captured a little video showing some of the views of the area for anyone interested in take a look (video capture with a Parrot Anafi).

Wow, that was beautiful.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote