Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2020, 01:55 PM   #21

Yes — we’ll be in Fort Stockton — the oasis in the desert.
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:31 PM   #22

We are. We even found a park with an adults only area!
GiselleOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:31 PM   #23

Yes. In Ft. Myers, FL now after a five day trek down from infested IL. No problem reserving rv parks about a week ago in Paducah, Birmingham, Tallahassee, Lakeland and here in Estero, FL. Don't get me wrong; we are attempting to be as careful as possible. I just want to spend time with famiy members, but I don't feel like I need to hug them. We'll just enjoy visiting outdoors distancing.
WendyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:07 PM   #24

New Thanksgiving Tradition

Since moving to Florida 3 years ago leaving family in NJ, my husband and I started our own tradition. We miss our family, however being semi retired we can't take the time off in November and December to visit for the holidays. Our new tradition is camping in the Keys and we love it.
Travelling Finnegans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #25

Thanksgiving Camping

We will be traveling from Livermore, CA down to Ventura, CA where I grew up :-)
Our first stop is 43 Ranch Olive Oil Farm through Harvest Host, which is free camping at wineries and farms. Staying there for 1 night then heading to Pismo Beach for 2 nights. Going to do some surf fishing and lagoon fishing in Oceano. From there, we are going to Ventura Beach RV Resort. Staing there for 3 nights. I plan to visit my Mom and younger brother. My Mom is 80 years old and going through chemo for uterus cancer. I'm going to roast up a 12lb Prime Rib Roast because that is what she is craving. I usually take my smoker and smoke a turkey. :-)
Stay safe and healthy, Everyone!!!
Livermore, CA
Elefantdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #26

Count me in ! I'm headed up to Robbers Cave State Park in Oklahoma . Will be there the 25th through the 29th . Hope everyone has a safe , amazing and Blessed Thanksgiving .
Old 11-21-2020, 04:09 PM   #27

We are camping at Wind Creek State Park Wednesday through Sunday. We always have a tailgate Thanksgiving in Auburn for the Iron Bowl, but can’t this year because they banned it due to COVID. My mother in law and someone else we tailgate with still want to continue the tradition. So, we are going to have it at a campground near Auburn instead :-)
sasiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:01 PM   #28

Camping on the beach at Camp Pendleton
Bruceanast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #29

Going from NC to Panama city, 2nd trip in my new 224bh!!
viennafire21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #30

We are, our first time ever

We're taking our "very first" trailer, a little Baja edition 184BH, about 50 miles from here for "Thanksgiving by the lake."
mhknorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #31

Friday morning thru Sunday, but we call it deer camp.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:11 PM   #32

Sort of. We’re headed up from the DFW area to the Chickasaw National Rec area in OK. Just doing Sunday-Wednesday. Have some good meals planned, but may save the traditional stuff till Thursday.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #33

We are! Lake Mead not far from home but it is still getting out :-)
whackynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:48 PM   #34

A few of us are heading to our favorite RV spot in Lone Pine Monday for the Thanksgiving week.. Gonna spend time hiking & exploring the beautiful Sierras and just relaxing... I was a little excited with an added bonus of saving a bunch of money keeping the wife away from the black friday shopping but just found out tonight that her and her female camping friends made plans to black friday shop all the way into Bakersfield.. OMG.. I'll have to down a few more Bloody Marry's to shake of the shock. :-)
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Sort of. We’re headed up from the DFW area to the Chickasaw National Rec area in OK....
Looks nice a really nice place, Buckhorn loop C in particular. Going to have to add that to our places to check out. Have you been there before? Any sites in particular you can recommend?
20 Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:41 PM   #36

Heading to Homolovi state park and dinner at the turquoise room in the la Posada inn for Thanksgiving.
mjc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 04:57 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Just finished smoking a brisket and this glorious beast, in preparation.Attachment 65534
How much to get you to smoke a small turkey( just me). I just want the white meat no legs ,wing, or dark meat you are welcome to them. Seal it ship it to 88310.

Alamogordo is a small rural town with a Lowe’s grocery,albertins, and two or mall Walmart t;hat I refuse to do business with for the past decade give or take a year or two maybe on the front end.

My reason has to do what it did to the local mom and pop providers. We have ne independent baker in town, no butcher in town, ans no independent or cooperative foos store like uga, we had it but Lowe’s bought them out.we really don’t have what t.;he East calls a deli either the one we have is a sandwich shop I not sure you can get anything not on bread as a sandwhich.

I do most of my shopping online I have meals delivered weekly from freshly then order everything else fr,I’m door dash or a local delivery service which I try first but it has boiled down to the local service uses the independent mom and pop restaurants and doordash uses the national chain stores plus a couple of the locals but if possible I use the local service when possible doordash as a backup.

I’m disabled and cooking is out of my comfort times for being upright. I start as cooking but wit.h each setback or surgery it has. Gotten shorter now I’m lucky to walk from the bed t.o the chair then do anything other than put something in the microwave start it ,sit down until it’s time to take it out. Put it on a stool remove the cover film. Stand up grab the stuff that go back with me head back get back in bed the eat.

Oh, the reason I want the white meat is I love turkey sandwiches. And a stray snack. Tia
Blackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:26 AM   #38

We are!

We are headed to the Outer Banks N.C., village of Avon near Hatteras. Planned only normal foods, ribs, chicken and steak on the grill.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:00 PM   #39

We are at Ramblin’ Redwoods north of Crescent City CA on the far north Cali coast. This will be our first holiday spent camping and we are heading home right after Thanksgiving. This is also our first long trip; we will have been gone about 3 weeks by the time we get home early next week.
Russ661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 05:51 AM   #40

We are! Leaving out Wednesday through Sunday. Visiting daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter on turkey day-they are only an hour away from the campground. We've camped on Thanksgiving for 5 years now, although, it is our last trip of the season.
Debraj is offline   Reply With Quote