Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #1

Wholesale warranties

Has anyone used or bought into wholesale warranties ? Curious to know your experience with them. Picking up our Seneca Thursday. I don’t want the jacked up warranty they offer, but I heard about this company. Thanks all!
Dchafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM   #2

I'm going to love reading the answers to this question. You'll find everyone has their own opinion on this one and I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong answer. We bought it on our first 5er and used it once. Vowed I would never ever do it again. But, when we bought our current one circumstances were different. Not that I don't have the skill set to do preventative maintenance, repairs, etc. It was the electronics, the high dollar parts, or where I didn't have the necessary "equipment" to do the work. It basically boils down to can you fix it, if not will you have the money to have someone else fix it.

That's my 2 cents worth. Have at it!!,
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #3

Good point. My other issue is Jayco has the 2 plus 3 year warranty so I feel like you’re paying for the extended warranty for 2 plus years before you would use it.
Dchafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:44 PM   #4

Only extended warranties I ever bought had to be dealer backed (No deductible if they did the work) and it also had to have a refund clause when we traded or sold.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #5

I believe you can buy "extended" warranty at any time. The only caveat is they may require an inspection or something before you can purchase if done after the original purchase. Don't know for sure but just s guess. Also you probably wouldn't save any money. Just like insurance companies they pretty much know what it's going to cost them. I know that's how it works in the general aviation industry and sure there's not a lot of difference.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote