Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #1

Why did you buy a Jayco ?

Why did you buy a Jayco, when there are hundreds of other choices? I bought mine for floorplan, and the fit and finish. I looked at several other brands before buying mine, and kept coming back to the Jayco's. I think when you find the right unit you can just tell. Jayco's are really sound units, not the most flashy, not the most eye popping interior, they just work well. I am very happy.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #2

1) Jayco's reputation for quality and service after the sale
2) Good local dealer
3) Appearance and floor plan

Bud

Hensley Arrow, Tru-Control
Schnauzer- Sir Winston
imbudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Site Team

We were seriously considering four rv's we really liked after seeing them last year at the rv show in Southern Cali. By Spring '09, two of them had gone out of business. That left the Keystone Passport and the Jayco Jay Flight (bunk house models). We sold our Casita in June and began seriously researching our final two choices. I dug and dug, posted questions on other forums, but still couldn't find any real negatives with the Jayco brand. Keystone however had many complaints of leaks and poor customer service. Not to mention the 2 year warranty with Jayco. We found a dealer we felt comfortable with and now are part of the Jayco family.

The one thing I really don't care for is the interior color choices for the 2010 model we purchased. But I love the floorplan and the quality of the materials used to make the Jay Flight G2!
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #4

1) Left over model with a great price
2) I am 6' 6" tall and the interior height was a big seller for me
3) Jayco Reputation
4) Fantastic Dealer (HillTop Trailer Sales in Fridley, MN)
5) Floor plan is what the wife liked (it's good to keep the wife happy)

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2012 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #5

We bought ours because, mainly, we got a great deal from my wife's grandmother. But having known the rig since it was new, I knew the quality. And having compared Jaycos to other rigs, I would not have another brand. They just hold up better.

And Jayco's customer service has been top-notch so far when I've had questions that Grandma couldn't answer. She didn't have the weight label; Jayco sent me one.
jnewkirk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #6

We just today brought our new Jayco 25.5 5th wheel home from the dealer! I had spent on and off the better part of 2 months researching sizes, floorplans, brands and dealers. I do that with most every purchase I make, esp. the larger items. My wife Elaine and I keep things for a long time so they have to fit our needs and offer long term quaility and value. To prove the point we have been camping for 32 years and this Jayco will be our 3rd unit. I looked at a lot of brands and many dealers. In the end nothing else compared with this unit in its price range but the trump card was the dealer. They did everything possible to help us without one bit of pressure. A real enjoyable experience. I drove nearly 2 hours to get to them. If they move to the other end of the state I'll still drive there.
jameshil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #7

Liked the floor plan

We bought our 2008 Jayco G2 27BH last March. We have an F150 for a TV so we needed something that the F150 could handle. We were also looking for the bunkhouse for the grandkids. We have been on at least 10 camping trips without any problems. We have looked at the Designer 35RLTS for when we move up. So...new truck on the horizon.
Sheetmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #8

I will add my 2 cents here...

I researched tt's for 3 years before I bought. No other manufacturer puts as much effort into their ultralights as does Jayco. We only ever found 1 other floor plan that matched what we wanted, and by the time we were figuring out financing options they were out of business.

Jayco at least seems to be in the business of ultralights to stay. I know a lot of you don't really care much about the ultralights, luxury seems to be the biggest driving factor for a lot of peoples' choice of RVs, but I wanted something that was comfortable, light (for towing reasons) and durable, and the Jayco fit the bill, perfectly I might add.

It just seemed every detail I researched the Jayco always met the requirement, and usually bettered the requirement. I am looking to many years of enjoyment from the Jayco.

my 2 cents
Mark
marksjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #9

ordering designer next week mostly on floor plan and a good reputation
Haul n it all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:08 PM   #10

That Designer will be nice haul n it all . I still believe I would have been happy with another floorplan we looked at before buying ours. It is just something about a Jayco, I don't know how to explain it. Maybe that's the reason I started this thread