Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2017, 07:51 PM   #41
Site Team

Schwintec slides are used industry wide. I venture there are more that do not have any problems than those that do.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
When I mentioned this forum to a Jayco exec that I met at an RV show, he said they do not monitor this forum. I agree with them.
On other forums that I've been on (not RV) the vendors and manufacturers did participate. In my eyes, it never went well for them.

Over time, they just dropped off.
I'm assuming the pain wasn't worth the gain.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:53 AM   #43

Someone close to me works in social media for a very large and well known company. From her comments my guess is that Jayco may monitor the site, more likely, if an issue arises that comes to their attention, they may investigate comments. The issue with social media and most forums is that they provide freedom of speech with few guidelines when it comes to reporting issues or complaints. Watch this forum for a while and you will get a feel for the contributors (mostly new to TT's), who complain either about Jayco or a product in a TT; often Jayco is not responsible or to blame. In addition, a Dealer Network, is supposed to be the conduit between the manufacturer and the customer. The Manufacturer chooses to pay the dealer to provide support because it is cost prohibitive to do it directly. Everyone of my direct dealings with Jayco has been great except when I asked the service rep to give me her supervisors email so I could tell them how good she was, never got the email!
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:31 PM   #44

Over the past couple of months, some of the posters to JOF have given the names of people at Jayco headquarters who have been good to work with and who took the concerns of the Jayco buyer seriously.
I should have written down the names of these Jayco headquarters people. But I did not.
Can anyone now share such info.......?..........Thanks
thirdktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
Someone close to me works in social media for a very large and well known company. From her comments my guess is that Jayco may monitor the site, more likely, if an issue arises that comes to their attention, they may investigate comments. The issue with social media and most forums is that they provide freedom of speech with few guidelines when it comes to reporting issues or complaints. Watch this forum for a while and you will get a feel for the contributors (mostly new to TT's), who complain either about Jayco or a product in a TT; often Jayco is not responsible or to blame. In addition, a Dealer Network, is supposed to be the conduit between the manufacturer and the customer. The Manufacturer chooses to pay the dealer to provide support because it is cost prohibitive to do it directly. Everyone of my direct dealings with Jayco has been great except when I asked the service rep to give me her supervisors email so I could tell them how good she was, never got the email!
I think this exactly why we will never Jayco directly on this forum. There is simply no upside to engage here.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:57 AM   #46

This would be the smartest approach by Jayco, IMO. It would not be smart to engage with any type of troll on here. One never knows who might be a troll. However, it would be of great service to Jayco to constantly monitor this forum every day in order to pick up on recurring issues Jayco owners may be having.

For example, the number of folks who are reporting leaking problems under the bathroom sink doesn't mean ALL Jayco trailer owners have those same problems. I'm sure many owners do not have a problem. That said, if X number of folks report continued plumbing problems on this board, that, IMO would indicate that there are a lot of Jayco owners who have a similar problem who do not frequent JOF.

If Jayco were a responsive company, they 'd be monitoring this board, see the complaints about plumbing problems in the bathroom sink, and be looking closely at both the design and the products used in that plumbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1971 View Post
While attending an open house last month at my dealer, I ran into a Jayco factory representative that was there to talk about the 2016 models. I had a great 20 minute conversation with him about various things and one topic I brought up was JOF. I asked if Jayco ever read our forum and his answer was, "yes we do". I personally encouraged him to keep monitoring the forum and hopefully they can pick up on some problems or concerns some of us have as well as picking up on changes which may make the Jayco's even better.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:16 AM   #47

IMO, that's not much of a argument. If 70 % of all Schwintec owners never had a problem, then 30 % would. In this case, more owners would not have a problem than do. But a 30% failure rate is hugely unacceptable.

But even if the numbers were 90% and 10%, it should still be totally unacceptable. An industry wide 10% failure rate is unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Schwintec slides are used industry wide. I venture there are more that do not have any problems than those that do.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote