Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
troutslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW AR (God's Country)
Posts: 1,848
Why so many quality issues?

Maybe because the industry is growing faster than RV manufacturers can keep up with demand and adequately train workers? Just a thought
RV shipments continue steady climb in April | RV Daily Report | Breaking RV Industry News and Campground Information
__________________

__________________
Skip

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Murff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 2,116
I agree, Skip.

I know the owner of a large RV dealership. Where as November, though February are usually slow months for the RV industry, the dealership set sales records each of those months.

If the dealers are selling everything that the manufacturers can build, I am sure as they hasten the pace, the quality suffers.

Murff
__________________

__________________
Murff
2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2011 F150 Non EcoBoost (5.0)
Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Northern Wis.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northwestern Wisconsin
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Maybe because the industry is growing faster than RV manufacturers can keep up with demand and adequately train workers? Just a thought
RV shipments continue steady climb in April | RV Daily Report | Breaking RV Industry News and Campground Information
X2 But we just keep buying them?
Bill
__________________
2008 F250 V10 TorqShift
2014 Eagle HT 26.5RLS
Northern Wis. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
mike837go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Campbell Hall
Posts: 2,837
As long as the problems are small and the dealers can fix it right the first time, I'm willing to put up with 'teething' issues.


If a problem causes a cancelled trip or major delays, then I expect compensation.


But the world is not perfect. RV's are still one-off builds by people.
__________________
TT 2015 19RD "TheJayco"
TV 2003 F-350 "Montblanc" - Housebroken chore truck


Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
oldmanAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
As long as the problems are small and the dealers can fix it right the first time, I'm willing to put up with 'teething' issues.
...snip...
But the world is not perfect. RV's are still one-off builds by people.
Right. And dollars matter. So the saying...

'Do you want it Fast, Cheap, or Good? Pick two.' Seems to apply.
__________________
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Eydie (min Schnauzer) Steve RIP (std Poodle)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights '15, 90 nights '16, 70 nights '17 so far)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CENTRAL NEW YORK
Posts: 768
You either have to be handy with tools or live across the street from the dealer..I happen to be handy
__________________
2013 33 RLDS
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1
2007 TBSS
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
tkhollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: sterling heights
Posts: 143
After having a dealer fix warranty issues, I realized they are no better. I am a handy msn, but when you pay what we pay for these units out of our hard earned money. We as consumers shouldn't have to deal with all the headaches of repairs. I think the dealers like all the warranty work, so they can keep constant money flow to there dealerships.
__________________
2014 white hawk 33bhbs
tkhollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CENTRAL NEW YORK
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhollywood View Post
After having a dealer fix warranty issues, I realized they are no better. I am a handy msn, but when you pay what we pay for these units out of our hard earned money. We as consumers shouldn't have to deal with all the headaches of repairs. I think the dealers like all the warranty work, so they can keep constant money flow to there dealerships.
Hitching up and driving 1.5 hours each way, then again to pick it up,(fuel and time) sounds like a bigger headache than fixing a few things at home myself regardless of a warranty..
__________________
2013 33 RLDS
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1
2007 TBSS
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,243
I wish this sales trend would result in more campgrounds being developed, expanded, overhauled -- and not just parking lot style full hookup spots. It is getting so difficult in California to book a decent site in any of our great destinations. Guess the ROI isn't there to make it happen.

There is a nice small privately owned CG in the foothills about an hour from me, 3 years ago we would be able to get sites most any time with a couple weeks notice (holiday weekends excepted) now it is booked 6mths in advanced. This isn't even the beach or Yosemite during the summer -- it's just in the foothills about 5 miles from a nearly dry COE lake.

I hope this isn't the same story for the other 49 states too.
__________________
2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hot Sulphur Springs
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
I wish this sales trend would result in more campgrounds being developed, expanded, overhauled -- and not just parking lot style full hookup spots. It is getting so difficult in California to book a decent site in any of our great destinations. Guess the ROI isn't there to make it happen.

There is a nice small privately owned CG in the foothills about an hour from me, 3 years ago we would be able to get sites most any time with a couple weeks notice (holiday weekends excepted) now it is booked 6mths in advanced. This isn't even the beach or Yosemite during the summer -- it's just in the foothills about 5 miles from a nearly dry COE lake.

I hope this isn't the same story for the other 49 states too.
That's why you boondock,
__________________

jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.