Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #21

I got nothin'. Not even 1 television in the TT.

oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #22

you have me beat. 39 living space. 20 bedroom. 38 footer.
I'm just getting started!

Can you say filet mignon?

Old 02-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #23

24" in the entertainment area, 19" in bedroom, 20" outside (63" total) for a 29' TT.

Now, do I use them? Main entertainment - only when foul weather is out. Bedroom - to catch the local late night news with weather forecast. Outside - only for special sporting events (NASCAR)
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS1115 View Post
24" in the entertainment area, 19" in bedroom, 20" outside (63" total) for a 29' TT.

Now, do I use them? Main entertainment - only when foul weather is out. Bedroom - to catch the local late night news with weather forecast. Outside - only for special sporting events (NASCAR)
Pretty similar usage for us. I've personally never sat in front of the main TV. Kids watch it when they spend the night. Wife and I always fall asleep to the bedroom tv. Outdoor unit for sports socializing, especially NASCAR.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #25

The wife says to me the one and only"SparkDr" that I have a problem. Now she thinks she's going to drag me out to dinner on that what do you call it "Valentines Day" thing when there's last years NASCAR race on TV. Bet she's outside again.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDr View Post
WooHoo! Half way there! C'mon, JOF tv junkies! Don't let me down...
So far out of 20 different people that have posted you only have ONE
Now if you do get lucky and get a Second person You should still take her to dinner. One in twenty is a very bad percentage so if you get one more in the in the next 20 that would be 2 out of 40 still deserves you taking her to dinner.

And leave the TV at home You may find that you enjoy the Wife more than watching TV LOL
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #27

Since we're talking dinner plans here, does anyone have a recommendation for the Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda area of FL? We may as well settle up on our wager while we're down there all next week. Seafood is always our first choice, but a good steak is never a bad choice either. It would have to be a jeans or golf shorts and polo shirt joint as we're traveling light (flying). Our normal go-to place here at home is Bistro LeRoux in Lake George, NY, but it'd be nice to dine out on the advice of a fellow JOF'er.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDr View Post
Since we're talking dinner plans here, does anyone have a recommendation for the Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda area of FL? We may as well settle up on our wager while we're down there all next week. Seafood is always our first choice, but a good steak is never a bad choice either. It would have to be a jeans or golf shorts and polo shirt joint as we're traveling light (flying). Our normal go-to place here at home is Bistro LeRoux in Lake George, NY, but it'd be nice to dine out on the advice of a fellow JOF'er.
When in that area, we make sure to visit here. Harpoon Harry's Restaurant and Sports Bar. Located in Fisherman's Village, Punta Gorda, Florida. Waterfront Dining, Drinks & Live Entertainment.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:49 PM   #29

Perhaps the question is, why do you RV ? I Rv to enjoy the outdoors, to enjoy a nice campfire while meeting new people, having good conversations. I do it to leave my "regular" life of TV and (at least in the past) work. I do it for a change, not to take all the distractions of my Brick and Mortar life. Perhaps there is no "right" answer, but, when I'm out sitting around a nice campfire, enjoying the wide open sky's and view of the stars, last thing I want is someone next to me watching Housewives of Atlanta or some other insane show.. JMHO.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:52 PM   #30
Site Team

I think you lose no matter who wins.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote