Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2016, 08:42 PM   #41

24" but I still rather sit by the fire.😊
BCx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:09 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Perhaps the question is, why do you RV ? I Rv to enjoy the outdoors, to enjoy a nice campfire while meeting new people, having good conversations. I do it to leave my "regular" life of TV and (at least in the past) work. I do it for a change, not to take all the distractions of my Brick and Mortar life. Perhaps there is no "right" answer, but, when I'm out sitting around a nice campfire, enjoying the wide open sky's and view of the stars, last thing I want is someone next to me watching Housewives of Atlanta or some other insane show.. JMHO.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I think you lose no matter who wins.
+1

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #44

And how many DVD players do you have? My precept has four. Trying to find a place in the bathroom for my 19" tv.
preceptjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by preceptjoe View Post
And how many DVD players do you have? My precept has four. Trying to find a place in the bathroom for my 19" tv.
The only active DVD is the built-in on the entertainment center. We picked up a BluRay player along with the new 28" tv by redeeming some Dell rewards, but it just lives in its' sealed box in the front wardrobe. Not sure if we'll ever actually put it to use. 4 DVD players, huh? I guess I'm not the only one with a problem.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:33 AM   #46

One 32" TV in the entertainment center with a DVD player,and an empty TV bracket in the bedroom we keep saying we are going to get a TV for, but we are doing good without it.
don648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #47

It better be a nice dinner, Have only a 19inch over the table, outside must of the time.
Attached Thumbnails
lundbum lake 2015 July.jpg   camping 2015 038.jpg  
annie oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #48

Nascar is a sport ?
Ali#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #49

I agree with RP53...camping isn't about spending time in front of the tube. We have NO televisions in our trailer and never will, although we do use our laptop if we want to watch a DVD movie. (This isn't to insult TV lovers, only to offer a different perspective. To each his own...)
John K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali#1 View Post
Nascar is a sport ?
...says the man from the redneck capital of the North. I suppose you're going to tell me cowboys are athletes now, too?

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDr View Post
...says the man from the redneck capital of the North. I suppose you're going to tell me cowboys are athletes now, too?
Of course they are not, that's why they watch nascar
Old 02-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #52

Not to throw gas on the campfire, but I raced road courses as a young man and never cowboy'd, but I do know most F1 drivers are in good physical shape. Just an observation.

I have family and friends in Calgary, dave.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:04 PM   #53

I'm going to Canada tomorrow And I bet Ill never see a redneck and we've been to Alberta several times and same thing. Just asked my wife because she has a summer home on the St. Lawrence River and asked about her many trips to Nova Scotia and after she rolled her eyes she said " I bet he never buys his wife dinner and never shows her this thread".
Old 02-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #54

I don't know about Nascar, but I can tell you that racing is very physically demanding. I've personally seen my brother lose A LOT of weight racing cars all day. Between all the gear they wear, the heat inside the vehicle, and the constant muscle tension, and the constant mental stimulation, it's actually quite physically demanding.

So yeah, I would consider race drivers athletes. Certainly more so than baseball players.

Camping is what you make of it. If you want to watch TV, fine. If you want to watch the campfire, fine. Like has been said, to each their own. I'm certainly in no place to judge.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #55

Well!! I have seen some mighty strong in good shape cowboys bring in cattle in from crown land, bull riding, barrel racing, that takes a lot of training,
And Yes a own a Black Stetson Cowboy Hat,
And you know what the song said from Willie and Waylon ( Mama Don't let your Babies grow up to be Cowboys)
Nothing better than seeing a bunch of cowboy riding in horse back!
Much better than watching TV out camping.
You guys should know better to asked a loaded question like that.
Attached Thumbnails
summer camping 2014 008.jpg  
annie oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
I'm going to Canada tomorrow And I bet Ill never see a redneck and we've been to Alberta several times and same thing. Just asked my wife because she has a summer home on the St. Lawrence River and asked about her many trips to Nova Scotia and after she rolled her eyes she said " I bet he never buys his wife dinner and never shows her this thread".
I would have to say your wife is right, but you already know that.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #57

This is how real cowboys go camping..
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn32/xrstokljun/Mobile%20Uploads/DSCF1067_zpsfnbbvycr.jpg
Old 02-11-2016, 11:11 AM   #58

Sorry friend but I gotta side with your wife on this one. I know we men need to stick together but I think she's right on this one.

We have a 36' 5er with just a 39" in the living room.
The outside is for campfires, hikes, bike rides, fishing etc and the bedroom....well there are better things to do in there than watch TV.

Buy her a nice romantic dinner.
Itching to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #59

A little late to this thread, but we have a 32" inside and I take a 120" screen and projector with a soundbar in our 27' trailer. Most nights the neighboring campers stop over and watch a movie sitting around the campfire.
Tai95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #60

Dinner was on me as we visited family in Florida last week. Had a very nice meal at the Captain's Table at Fisherman's Village in Port Charlotte thanks to a recommendation offered here by a fellow JOF'er. I shoulda known it was going to cost me...mama's always right.