Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2021, 01:30 PM   #1

Winegard 360+/Gateway

Just bought my 2021 Pinnacle and came with this 360+ and Gateway from the manufacturer. Does anyone know how to use this? I can't find any info on how to use the tv antenna, in metro Phoenix and can't get a signal, which is hard to believe, I know I need to get a sim card for a the gateway internet, but then I'd be lost! Anyone know what I need to do? Much respect!!
BobKel429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 02:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKel429 View Post
Just bought my 2021 Pinnacle and came with this 360+ and Gateway from the manufacturer. Does anyone know how to use this? I can't find any info on how to use the tv antenna, in metro Phoenix and can't get a signal, which is hard to believe, I know I need to get a sim card for a the gateway internet, but then I'd be lost! Anyone know what I need to do? Much respect!!
Oh boy, you have lots to learn lol. where is the "gateway" located. It is a white squarish looking box, should be in the ceiling in your bedroom. There is a switch by it, turn it on. You do NOT need a Sim card for WiFi internet, you do if you are going the 4G route with Verizon or ATT. Then head over to your Jaycommand App on the wall panel and go to settings. It should show Winegard and Setup by it. enter setup. Now look for the Network, or SSID name. You can scan with the spyglass and once it appears, select it. You should have in your paperwork a little very important Winegard Gateway booklet. On the front page you have your SSID name and Password. Now enter that password below the SSID name. Now you need a smart phone/tablet/ laptop to connect to Wingard. First and most important of all, make sure your device is connected to the new "Winegard" WiFi or the next step will not work. If using a smart phone, go to your WiFi settings and locate Winegard and select it. Now open a browser and type 10.11.12.1 at the top of the page and enter. Once page opens, you will be in the admin login page. Both logins, username and password are simply the word"admin". Once in, you can select Wifi/4G/no interent. select wifi and after a while it will show the available networks. Select the appropriate one and click continue. If password required for the network, ie. RV park WiFi, enter it and wait for it to say connected. Steps 1-5 on the operations part of the Winegard booklet tells you all this. There is lots more to learn about Winegard and JayCommand but it can wait. this will get you going. Insure while you are doing this that you stay connected to the "Winegard" WiFi. Sometimes your device will revert back to the other WiFi signal you may have been on. They do this to thoroughly try to confuse you. Ask me how I know.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Oh boy, you have lots to learn lol. where is the "gateway" located. It is a white squarish looking box, should be in the ceiling in your bedroom. There is a switch by it, turn it on. You do NOT need a Sim card for WiFi internet, you do if you are going the 4G route with Verizon or ATT. Then head over to your Jaycommand App on the wall panel and go to settings. It should show Winegard and Setup by it. enter setup. Now look for the Network, or SSID name. You can scan with the spyglass and once it appears, select it. You should have in your paperwork a little very important Winegard Gateway booklet. On the front page you have your SSID name and Password. Now enter that password below the SSID name. Now you need a smart phone/tablet/ laptop to connect to Wingard. First and most important of all, make sure your device is connected to the new "Winegard" WiFi or the next step will not work. If using a smart phone, go to your WiFi settings and locate Winegard and select it. Now open a browser and type 10.11.12.1 at the top of the page and enter. Once page opens, you will be in the admin login page. Both logins, username and password are simply the word"admin". Once in, you can select Wifi/4G/no interent. select wifi and after a while it will show the available networks. Select the appropriate one and click continue. If password required for the network, ie. RV park WiFi, enter it and wait for it to say connected. Steps 1-5 on the operations part of the Winegard booklet tells you all this. There is lots more to learn about Winegard and JayCommand but it can wait. this will get you going. Insure while you are doing this that you stay connected to the "Winegard" WiFi. Sometimes your device will revert back to the other WiFi signal you may have been on. They do this to thoroughly try to confuse you. Ask me how I know.
Wow! Thanks Jetlag!! That was great info!! Got it done, thank you so much!!! Hopefully others will benefit from your info!!
BobKel429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:12 AM   #4

My pleasure, glad it helped
Old 10-10-2021, 04:49 AM   #5

Broadcast TV signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKel429 View Post

For your over the air TV channels there is an amplifier that needs to be on. There should be a small button on a coax plate that may be located near your entertainment system. For cable use this has to be off.
Attached Thumbnails
apiryzr2v__72027.1631119748.jpg  
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote