Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Who winterizes your RV?
I do my own winterizing 743 87.51%
I get a dealer or RV service center to winterize 53 6.24%
I never winterize because I fulltime 10 1.18%
I get a friend or relative to help me because I`m cluless 4 0.47%
I never winterize because it never gets that cold here. 34 4.00%
I enjoy having frozen pipes, never think about it 5 0.59%
Voters: 849. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #161
Site Team

Camped this past weekend and winterized this morning.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:53 AM   #162
Site Team

If this record heat continues I may have to Summerize my trailer.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #163

We have so much rain here in Georgia that it is too wet and nasty to go camping. Even have the AC on today. If it were deier, we would summerize for sure
pmames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #164

We are supposed to have 70 degree temperatures on Saturday in Southeast Missouri. But the down side is the warm weather is producing Spring type storms.
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Dale
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 24RDB
2015 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost 3.55
Golds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #165

We have had high winds trees down, lots of lightening,and lots and lots of rain. Blessed not to have tornados
pmames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:02 AM   #166
Site Team

I feel a little stupid winterizing my rig when it is 80 degrees and holding but I have to leave it at the dealer for a week and I don't want to take a chance.

Getting my wheels bearings repacked.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #167

We have been fortunate to get some El Niño weather in northern Nevada. It will be single digits overnight the next few days. Winterizing is a must here. I always cringe going into my trailer in the spring and crossing my fingers everything survived the winter
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #168
Dan

Pulled the trailer down to Florida for several days over kids' Christmas break. Re-winterized at a campground in Kentucky on the return trip. Easy-Cheesy!

2013 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD DRW CCLB
2015 White Hawk 28DSBH (trade-in)
2015 Eagle 355MBQS (trade-in)
2019 Jay Flight 29BHDB
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:16 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I keep stabilizers up. No tarps for me, too windy here and I would be concerned with chafing issues.
x2
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #170

Can not find the low point drain openings on a new 2017 jayflight bunaglow 40fsds

Good day I want to winterize my new Jay flight Bungalow 2017 40fsds but I am on able to find that low Point drains on the inside of the RV yes there is a sticker on the outside of the RV saying Lowpoint drain but inside near the water heater there is no valves that I can find two open to drain them I do see the tubes coming out of the base of the RV on the outside . I am worried that valves and water lines will freeze without me draining the whole rv even though I will be putting in the RV anti-freeze throughout the whole system ?
Thank you
Woodbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #171

Imo if you are running pink out of everything, regardless of how you push it through. You are winterized with entire plumbing...
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbine View Post
Good day I want to winterize my new Jay flight Bungalow 2017 40fsds but I am on able to find that low Point drains on the inside of the RV yes there is a sticker on the outside of the RV saying Lowpoint drain but inside near the water heater there is no valves that I can find two open to drain them I do see the tubes coming out of the base of the RV on the outside . I am worried that valves and water lines will freeze without me draining the whole rv even though I will be putting in the RV anti-freeze throughout the whole system ?
Thank you
If you can see where the pipes are coming up through the floor, that is where the valves should be, unless you have one of the fancy water command centres? These are not twist valves generally, they are pull up valves, generally white plastic tabs for handles. You do have other options though if you can't find them; you can use air (<50psi) to force the water out of all the lines first (pressurize then open each tap/flush toilet) before adding the Anti-Freeze, or you can just siphon in the antifreeze with the water in place. But doing the second one will probably dilute the AF somewhat, and you will want to run off more to get full strength in the lines. And assuming that is Mississauga Ontario, you will probably want your AF full strength.

Don't forget to pull the plug on the water heater as well and get as much water out of it as possible (98% empty). There will probably be a small amount left inside, but it has tons of expansion room so won't be a problem.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:05 PM   #173

First year with the 222. I was very pleased to find out the pump already had the syphon kit installed. Few quick turns on the water heater bypass after draining it and the rest was pretty simple.
Eodtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #174

Blowing antifreeze out of city water connection.....

This past year was my son and my first year camping and we had a blast. Sadly its time to put it all away though.

Called my local store and they wanted $120 to winterize it. So I figured id give it a try.

Blew out all my lines after emptying the heater...Thanks too reading here I realized I needed to drain it and it didn't just magically empty itself with the grey water lol. THANKS !!!

Get everything bypassed and hook up my hose to to the antifreeze. turned on the pump and it sucked down a whole gallon fast. Look in the lines and its going through. So I just think all is ok and put another bottle on. I go outside to turn on outside shower. Walk along the side and see antifreeze shooting out of my city water connection.

What to do ? Do I have a bad city water inlet ? The plug thats in there just blows out when i put it in. there is no shutoff valve inside to keep water from coming in there.

I ended up cutting off a small section of hose and clamping it tight so it blocked it off. But that doesnt sound like something I should have to do.

Any ideas ?

Its a 2008 Jayco 19bh if that matters.

Thanks all, and hopefully this ended up in the right place.
seven3845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:53 AM   #175
Site Team

(snip)"What to do ? Do I have a bad city water inlet ? The plug thats in there just blows out when i put it in. there is no shutoff valve inside to keep water from coming in there. "

The hose connection on the city side should have a check valve visible where the hose screws on. it sounds like it's not seated, or maybe has foreign material keeping it open. It is replaceable if the need arises, but will probably be the whole outside assembly. And welcome to the forum!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #176

Thanks for the quick response.

At first glance all I saw was a screen and a washer. Popped that out and ther is a little white button on a spring. I take it that is my check release valve.

I can push it in, but it springs back open immediately. Does that mean its bad, or is that what I want ?

Thanks again, and sorry if i sound silly..but just learning about all of this.
seven3845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbine View Post
Thank you
Inside the camper, you undoubtedly have a cabinet or something directly above those 2 tubes you mentioned. This is where my low point drain valves are located. I'd take a pic but my camper is 15 miles south of me at the moment. The 'low point drain' sticker on my camper is right next to the fresh water tank drain. Not sure what the Amish were smoking the day they put that on there.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #178

Thank you for looking into this for me .I can still not find where the low point handles are at the pull-up even know where the sticker is and where I see where they're coming out of the floor I also have a thermal package on my Bungalo so I don't know if that's blocking off anything if you get a chance to go to your RV and take a picture and send it to me . I even had their repair tech man to the RV to do a few things to it since it's brand-new and he cannot find them either . Right now I'm guessing I will just pump in the RV anti-freeze and hopefully it goes through all the pipes including where the low point drains are wherever it's holding water.
Thank you
Old 10-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #179

Thank you
Old 10-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #180
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven3845 View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

At first glance all I saw was a screen and a washer. Popped that out and ther is a little white button on a spring. I take it that is my check release valve.

I can push it in, but it springs back open immediately. Does that mean its bad, or is that what I want ?

Thanks again, and sorry if i sound silly..but just learning about all of this.
That's what its suppose to do. Water pressure pushes it in, and it closes when no water pressure is present. If you fire up the fresh water pump with the hose disconnected from the side, nothing should come out past the check valve. If it did, you would have little or no water pressure at a faucet, and your water would be running down the side of the TT.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote