Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #21

I just installed mine on the roof on the drivers side. Cleaned off a small area on the fiberglass cap and used sticky back velcro to secure it. Ran the wire from there through the corner of the slideout and down to the dash routing the wire behind trim pieces.

Did a similar install on my previous camper with no problems. Easy to remove if i want and I get a very good signal.
bobm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #22

Wireless - Bluetooth

There have been some amazing developments in the world of Bluetooth recently...perhaps there something available to suit your purpose.
Paul Greig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #23
Site Team

Thanks everyone for the ideas. For right now, it is up in the roof vent with Velcro as suggested by Grumpy. So far so good. It seems to be able to pick up a good solid signal there.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:48 PM   #24

Hope it's not too late but once you do find a way to get the wire out of the camper, Legrand Wiremold makes a cordmate channel that will hold this cable, I used this for my Sirius antenna wire. I have a Jayco 31XL and I ran the wire under the driver door rubber molding and routed it out to the channel. The channel comes with a double faced tape but that is only good for placement on your camper. I used Dicor Non-Sag roof sealant along the edges to be sure it stayed in place. I also attached the antenna with the sealant as it is mounted on fiberglass. Haven't had any problems with it. Cordmate is available at Lowes or Home Depot.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #25

Sirius Antenna Routing

I purchased the Sirius Indoor-Outdoor folding antenna, it's on the dash up against the window with a piece of 3M foam tape of my 2018 Alante 31V and the wire fished through a hole in the plastic dash to the receiver mounted on a cigaret lighter mount just under the Garmin. Works great and no holes in the exterior of the vehicle.
lpleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:57 AM   #26

On many trailers the vent on top of the fridge is basically just an opening that allows heat to escape convectively. I’ve not done it, but I’ve seen others use that as a way to get wires up to the roof for solar panels etc without drilling new holes. Worth a shot.
captainbrad1029 is offline   Reply With Quote